Most of the 10 best rock songs of the ‘80s still hold up well today. Since a lot of the bands who played the best rock songs of the ‘80s are still around, their classic music continues to remain popular. Many of today’s artists were influenced by the music of the 80’s, which gives younger fans a taste of the “big hair” era.
- “Livin’ on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi. VH1 named this song the #1 hit of the '80s. This tune was part of the group’s "Slippery When Wet" album, which has sold over 28 million copies worldwide.
- “Born in the U.S.A.” by Bruce Springsteen. Released in 1984 on the album of the same name, this is one of the best rock songs of the ‘80s. The song got as high as #9 on Billboard’s Hot 100 list.
- “Start Me Up” by The Rolling Stones. This classic tune hit #2 on Billboard’s Hot 100 during 1981. Microsoft and Ford both used this song as part of an advertising campaign.
- “Working for the Weekend” by Loverboy. This tune came out in 1981, and is one of the best rock songs of the ‘80s. The song has also been used in movies, video games and commercials over the years.
- “Pour Some Sugar On Me” by Def Leppard. VH1 named this classic the #2 song of the 80’s. The group is still going strong today.
- “Jump” by Van Halen. Released in 1984, this is certainly one of the best rock songs of the ‘80s. VH1 put this song at #15 on the 80’s hit list.
- “Sweet Child o’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses. This song hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 list in 1988. To date, this is the only chart topper GNR has had.
- “Hungry Like the Wolf” by Duran Duran. One of the best rock songs of the ‘80s, this hit peaked at #3 on Billboard’s Hot 100 in 1983. The music video played a major factor in this song’s commercial success.
- “Here I Go Again” by Whitesnake. This hit reached #1 on Billboard’s Hot 100 back in 1987. It was named the #17 song of the '80s by VH1.
- “What I Like About You” by The Romantics. This song has been used in many commercials and several movies since it was released as a part of the band’s 1980 debut album. The singer of the song was the band’s drummer, Jimmy Marinos.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.