Here are the 10 best rock songs about life. Life is a mystery to many people, and songwriters have long tried to define and contemplate its mysteries. There are few aspects of living that haven't been covered in a song of some genre. Here are some of the best songs about the wonder and ways of life itself for your consideration.
- "It's My Life" performed by Jon Bon Jovi is an exuberant song about life. It's one man's declaration of living life on his own terms. With lyrics such as, "I just want to live while I'm alive," it's a great song of life affirmation.
- "No Matter What You Do" is a remarkable and personal song by Olivia Newton-John. Written as she was recovering from breast cancer and featured on her album "Gaia," the song tells of the perspective of sending love to all aspects of your life, even those negative people who try to tear you down.
- "Times They Are A-Changin'" performed by Bob Dylan is a great song about life and how it changes through the times. It has been heard in many movies, and it's often played on mixes. It's one of those powerful life ballads that can really get to you.
- "Imagine" by John Lennon is one powerful song that transcends all time periods. It tells of a bold way of living in the moment and living for today. As he says in the song, "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."
- "We've Only Just Begun" by the Carpenters is a haunting, beautiful ballad. Karen Carpenter's voice is mesmerizing on this track, one of the most well-known songs from the group. It's a song about starting out in life, and it's often used as a wedding song, because of it's lyrics that include, "White lace and promises. A kiss for luck, and we're on our way."
- "American Child" by Phil Vassar is a song that speaks on the blessings that have happened in his life. The song speaks on the opportunities that Americans are afforded, even from someone with "no silver spoons." He celebrates his life and his new daughter in this song.
- "Lust for Life" by Iggy Pop is as exuberant as its title. Glam, punk and metal give the song its fun and power.
- "Momentum" performed by Aimee Mann is an upbeat, powerful song, but its lyrics are sure to speak to anybody who has self-destructive habits in his life. The lyrics include, "I'm condemning the future to death so it can match the past."
- "Everybody Knows" by Leonard Cohen is a reflection on life with frank and poetic lyrics. His voice is deep and affecting, and the music is subtle and beautiful. Some of the lyrics on life include, "Everybody knows that the war is over. Everybody knows the good guys lost."
- "You Get What You Give" is a great song performed by the New Radicals. It's fun and optimistic, and it expresses that the good that you do is going to come back to you. It's a great song with an inspiring take on life.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …