The 10 best rock songs about mothers are some of the best songs to play for that very special woman in your life. There isn’t much like a mother, nor is there truly an adequate way to say “thanks” to that woman that changed your diapers and said goodnight to you, but these songs certainly are a start to it.
- “Mother, Mother” by Tracy Bonham. In this song, the singer dictates a letter that she is writing to her mother talking about her journey for stardom and how she loves her mother.
- “Mother” by the Police. This famous song is known for being one of The Police’s more unorthodox songs. It talks about a mother calling the singer of the song.
- “Hey Mama” by Kanye West. This song was written only in 2005 talks about how the singer loves and appreciates his mother so much.
- “Wouldn’t Momma Be Proud” by Elliott Smith. This song talks about how much the singer’s mother would love how successful the singer has been.
- “Julia” by the Beatles. This song was an exact tribute to the mother of John Lennon, member of The Beatles.
- “The Best Day” by Taylor Swift. This young song by the younger singer is a tribute to her mother and the support that she has given over the years.
- “One Hot Mama” by Trace Adkins. This very curious country song talks about how mothers are not only helpful and loving, but very attractive.
- “Don’t Forget to Remember Me” by Carrie Underwood. This song is another artist-to-mother tribute. It talks about how much the singer misses her mother and how supportive she has been.
- “She’s Everything” by Brad Paisley. This song describes the singer’s best girl, but it takes an interesting twist when it is revealed to be his mother.
- “Somebody’s Hero” by Jamie O’Neal. This song tells about how the singer’s mother is her absolute hero.
Any one of these songs would bring a tear to the eye of anyone’s mother. Though they are not all the songs about mothers, they are certainly some of the best.