If you listen to an MP3 player when you go running, chances are that you have a playlist of music that you run to, possibly in a list titled "10 best rock songs for running." Whether you are an experienced long distance runner or just someone who likes to keep fit with a morning jog, having the right soundtrack can make all the difference.
- "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor. A classic bit of rock kitsch, this hit single from the original "Rocky" motion picture soundtrack is guaranteed to get the blood flowing. It's a bit cliche but is still undeniably one of the ten best rock songs for running.
- "Beautiful Day" by U2. One of the biggest bands in the world and one of the ten best rock songs for running. This is an upbeat track that will make even the coldest day feel like summer.
- "Calling All Angels" by Train. A soaring chorus makes this the perfect song to run to. This is the opening track on their third album and easily one of the ten best rock songs for running.
- "Stay (Wasting Time)" by Dave Matthews Band. The mix of major chords and gospel sounding background vocals are enough to put anyone in the mood to go outside. Its hyper active coda make it one of the ten best rock songs for running and for summer.
- "So Here We Are" by Bloc Party. The layered guitar parts and wistful vocals are countered by an urgent drumbeat that gives the song its drive. With this track, the British band Bloc Party made one of the ten best rock songs for running.
- "Born To Run" by Bruce Springsteen. With its surging horns and dynamic arrangements, "Born To Run" has enough energy and drama to push you for that last mile. Without a doubt, this is one of the ten best rock songs for running.
- "Bigger Than My Body" by John Mayer. A bombastic guitar introduction sets the tempo for one of the most upbeat songs off of John Mayer's second disk. One of the ten best rock songs for running to, this will keep you smiling as you run.
- "Ashes" by Embrace. A stadium anthem with a sing along chorus, this song by one of Britain's most underrated bands should be on everyone's play list.
- "Lust For Life" by Iggy Pop. One of the big hits of the 1990s, the solid beat provides a perfect tempo for running to. One of the ten best rock songs for running to by one of the best rock icons of our time.
- "Troubled Wine" by Pride and Glory. A one time side project of Ozzie Osbourne guitarist Zakk Wylde, this slice of southern inspired heavy rock has a relentless drive that will make you want to push yourself that little bit more. Wailing guitars and great vocals make this one of the ten best rock songs for running.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Game of Thrones bloopers, sex geckos and more conversation starters for any social situation.
Friday Drink Special: The Little Zombie
Perhaps the world's first cocktail inspired by Comic Con and The Walking Dead.