The 10 best rock songs about loving your best friend are kind of an odd bunch; after all, who knew there were more than ten? But to be fair, there is a fairly strong theme in rock about hanging out with your buddies and having a good time. It doesn't have to be all romance, all heartbreak, or all money; sometimes, it's just about having a good time. Below are the 10 Best Rock Songs about Loving Your Best Friend
- "The Bro Hymn" by Pennywise. It's a punk rock classic about friends that have left us. It's sad, sure, but it's also about being there for the friends you have. A great song about loving your best friend, it's incredibly powerful if you can manage to hear it performed live.
- "With a Little Help from My Friends" by the Beatles. This ultimate ode to loving your best friend was the theme to "The Wonder Years". Does anymore really need to be said? Of course, many prefer Joe Cocker's version.
- "You're My Best Friend" by Queen. Proof that Queen has a song for everything, this one's meaning is right on the title. It works equally well with your friends and your significant other, if you want to play it for a crowd. Of course, it's great to just listen to alone.
- "Photograph" by Nickleback. Let's get this out of the way: Nickleback is awful. At best, they are Canada's revenge on the world for having to put up with years of terrible American pop music. But with that said, this is a good song about friendship and loving your best friend.
- "We Are Going to Be Friends" by the White Stripes. Isn't it great when a song's meaning is right in the title? This quirky little hit is a great story about young friendship. Very meaningful for those with long time friends.
- "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves. The lone hit from the most painfully named band ever. It has a tinge of sadness after a great Futurama episode, but the lyrics are pure bubblegum. Who hasn't sung along to this one?
- "Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)" by Green Day. This one is kind of a cheat. Sure, many took this as an anthem of friendship and loss in the mid-'90s, and that's certainly what it's about. But the real title holds a light to the inherent sarcasm.
- "Stand by Me" by Ben E. King. Every list needs and absolute classic, and this rock song about loving your best friend certainly qualifies. Everyone knows this early tune, and everyone loves it. The absolute best song about best friends in the world.
- "Lean on Me" by Bill Withers (performed by Counting Crows). Who hasn't covered this song? Everyone from Avril Lavigne to DC Talk has taken a shot at it, but the Counting Crows are the closest to a rock cover that's hit the mainstream. Regardless of who sings it, it is a great song about loving your best friend.
- "Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds. This song is the quintessential angsty '80s example. A bit whiny, a bit melodramatic, it still has a lot to do with friendship. Of course, it was the theme to a John Hughes movie— how could it not have been?
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …