The ten best romantic scenes in movies read like a list of how to win a woman’s heart. All you have to do is pay attention, watch the scenes from the best love movies of all time and put them into action. It will get her every time, if you play your cards right, of course.
- Titanic – Leonardo Dicaprio and Kate Winslet – The unforgettable scene of Winslet and Dicaprio on the bow of the ship, hands interlocked, the musical crescendo leading up to the slow and sensuous kiss… “You are safe in my heart and my heart will go on and on!” This scene has won women over since it hit the big screen.
- Sixteen Candles – Molly Ringwald and Michael Schoeffling – A coming of age drama that is horrifically embarrassing until the end scene. The perfect romantic ending takes place when Ringwald's crush surprises her at a wedding then kisses her over a birthday cake to celebrate the birthday everyone forgot about.
- The Notebook – Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams – This movie is one entire romantic scene. One part that is high in romance is when McAdams's character finds the dream house Gosling's character built for her; complete with an art room ready and waiting for her.
- An Affair to Remember – Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr – At the end of this movie, a very bitter Grant visit’s a crippled Kerr who stood him up because she was in an accident. The moment when he realized that she loved him all along and missed their meeting because of a disaster is heartbreakingly romantic.
- Letters to Juliet – Vanessa Redgrave and Franco Nero – After waiting 50 years to find the true love she stood up, Redgrave's character searches all of Tuscany for her Nero), until she chooses a vineyard on instinct and lo and behold; her Nero rides up on a horse and meets her. All in all, this cheesy love story proclaims that it is never too late for true love.
- An Officer and a Gentleman – Richard Gere and Debra Winger – At the end of this dramatic love story, Gere walks through a factory, complete in his sparkling white uniform, and sweeps Winger’s blue collar character up off her feet, all to the tune of: “Love lifts us up where we belong.”
- Dirty Dancing – Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey – Rich man’s daughter; Grey goes to the room of middle class dance teacher; Swayze, all so she can apologize for her father’s bad behavior. They begin to dance, her hands on his shirtless torso, while he teachers her the fine arts of “dirty” dancing.
- Ghost – Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore – This emotionally riveting chick-flick has a love scene in which Swayze and Moore craft a pottery piece together; their hands moving in sync until they touch each other more than the pottery. The end is also synonymous with romance and has a scene that really proves true love is eternal.
- Out of Africa – Meryl Streep and Robert Redford – This movies has a romance scene that can teach men the various things women find romantic. For example, the scene in which Redford shampoos Streep’s hair sensuously, all while quoting her poetry and making goo-goo eyes at her.
- Pretty Woman – Richard Gere and Julia Roberts – Known as a highly praised romance film, the most romantic scene of Pretty Woman is the end. Gere acknowledges Robert's fantasy by fulfilling it; driving up in a white limo (he didn’t have a horse) and climbing her tower walls (which was a fire escape) with roses in hand and brandishing a sword (well umbrella if you want to get literal), needless to say the hero rescues fair maiden and captures her heart.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.