Love is a powerful feeling, so it’s no surprise that these top 10 best romantic songs of all time exist for all of us. Romantic songs generate strong emotions and connections within all of us, and they have inspired songwriters since the very first romantic ballad. Do you remember your first slow dance, or what romantic song was playing after that painful breakup? Warning: These romantic songs may send you down memory lane.
- "Unchained Melody" - Sure, you say you’re tired of this one, but do you change the radio channel when it comes on? This Righteous Brother’s song is almost obligatory in this top ten list of romantic best songs of all time; however, it was a toss-up whether this, or “You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling” is the more romantic. Since we’re talking sap, we’ll go with the uplifting harmonies of “Unchained.”
- "I Will Always Love You" – Whitney’s booming power version is fine in its own right, but when Dolly’s voice cracks as she wishes nothing but good things for her lost love, it is heartbreaking. Regardless of which rendition you prefer, the song’s haunting lyric’s place it firmly in the ten best romantic songs of all time. After all, who wouldn’t admit to wanting a former love to think of them fondly forever?
- "I Can’t Help Falling in Love with You" – Elvis’s velvety voice was made to croon this romantic ballad. There are not too many romantic songs that have aged as well as this one; in fact, it is as heartfelt as when it was first recorded. If you want the perfect mood-setter, this romantic song fits the bill nicely.
- "I’d Die For You" – This tune from Bon Jovi doesn’t pussyfoot around with figurative language; it goes straight to the topic. If someone plays this song for you, you will either want a marriage license or a restraining order. No matter what your situation, there is no denying that this top ten romantic best song gets straight to the point.
- "When a Man Love’s a Woman" – If you’ve never heard this song, you may want to get out of that cave. Regardless, download it or buy it now. Once you play it for your girl, she will be forever yours. Just a heads up though, this top ten romantic song works better than any potion, drug or alcoholic beverage on the market; handle it with care.
- "At Last" – When it comes to “torch” songs, this one may be the greatest one ever written. Who hasn’t been to a wedding in which this was the chosen song? Nevertheless, on the best romantic song scale, this one’s off the charts. This is not a disparagement, but rather a great example of how universally loved it this romantic song is. Doesn't every man wants to know that he is the prince who left all the other frogs trailing in his wake?
- "Three Times a Lady" – This Commodores classic is a guaranteed “panty-dropper.” Admit it or not, this romantic song is a favorite guilty secret for many lovers, young and old alike. What woman doesn’t like to be cherished and adored?
- "Wonderful Tonight" – Eric Clapton, the guitar god himself, wrote this with romantic, beatific song with simplicity. It's a song about a man being completely in love and proud of this lovely female. He compliments her endlessly in this song of love. This sentimental, romantic song says what you may not be able to say yourself.
- "Faithfully" – Journey’s front man, Steve Perry, recorded many romantic songs. In addition to this classic, it was a toss-up between this one and “Open Arms.” His velvety-smooth voice is timeless, clear and gut-wrenching. This song strikes just the right chord and leaves us breathless and panting for more.
- "I Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing" – Steven Tyler did not miss a thing with this masterpiece. Tender and heartfelt, this top ten romantic song is sung full throttle, with the perfect touch of sentiment. The first line says everything: "I could stay awake just to hear you breathing, watch you smile while you were sleeping …" This romantic song gently rocks us, breathes hope for the future and gives us confidence in “the real thing.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
What Makes Men Attractive to Women
What women want—confidence, a sense of humor and abs.