If you’re about to tie the knot, then check out the 10 best romantic songs for weddings. Until you start planning your wedding you don’t think about how much music preparation goes into it. You’ll need music for the ceremony (many couples choose to play a song that means something to them at the opening of the ceremony and then the traditional wedding march for the bride’s entrance), the first dance and music for the reception.
- "At Last" by Etta James (1960) This song was originally performed in 1942 by Ray Eberle and Pat Friday in the musical “Orchestra Wives”. James included it on her debut album and it became an instant hit. Since then the song has been covered many times. James’ voice is perfect in this song for a wedding and the lyrics are simple and heartfelt.
- "I do (cherish You)" by Mark Wills (1998) This song is perfect for weddings. It’s simply a beautiful song and Mark Wills is one of the greatest country artist of all time. The song was also covered by 98 Degrees in 1999 with much success. Their video for the song even featured a wedding.
- "Bless the Broken Road" by Rascall Flatts (1994) This song is perfect for a couple where this isn’t their first marriage. Or even a couple that have both had a hard life before finding each other. It’s a beautiful song that is played at many weddings and even quoted in couples vows to each other.
- "I Will be Here for You" by Michael W. Smith (1992) This song toped the charts at number 1 when it first came out. With lyrics as powerful as this it’s not hard to see why. It’s a great song but not so overly romantic that it puts men off.
- "Maybe I’m Amazed" by Paul McCartney (1970) You can always tell when a love song is written by the artiest for his wife. McCartney reportedly wrote this song for his wife Linda. It’s a beautiful testament to love and even after all these years it’s a popular choice for weddings.
- "I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith (1998) Debuting at number one on the charts, this is the bands most popular signal. The song also helped make them more current. It was featured in the movie “Armageddon” and has been a slow dance staple ever since. It’s a great wedding song for a rock couple.
- "From here to Eternity" by Michael Peterson (1997) This is a beautiful country song with very spiritual undertones. The singer is asking his lover to be his forever. It’s a great message for a wedding.
- "More Than Words" by Extreme (1990) This song is perfect for the couple that is looking for love songs with a rock edge. Many also feel the song has a double more spiritual meaning to it that many couples like for their wedding.
- "Iris" by The Goo Goo Dolls (1998) This song was featured in the movie “City of Angles”. It’s a very heartfelt song about seeing the one you love for who they really are and not just how the world sees them.
- "Love of a Lifetime" by FireHouse (1991) C. J. Snare, vocalist of FireHouse, has commented that he has fans tell him that they were married to this song often. It’s a beautiful song about finding love and perfect for any wedding.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.