The 10 best romantic songs run the gamut from songs that would be appropriate for a first wedding dance to those that are about star-crossed love that is doomed by circumstance. The best romantic songs, no matter what their outcome, all have a sense of drama that lends credence to the power of the love conveyed in the tune. Whether you're wooing a potential special someone or sad that it didn't work out, this list of the 10 best romantic songs will have something for you.
- "Something" by the Beatles. It's "Something" of a surprise that the best romantic songs list entry from the Beatles was penned by George Harrison instead of the resident "sap" of the group, Paul McCartney. Many baby boomers have chosen this song for their first wedding dance; its lyrical beauty makes it a good choice to top this list of 10 best romantic songs.
- "Ever Fallen in Love" by the Buzzcocks. One of the best unrequited love songs of all time, this early punk masterpiece becomes one of the 10 best romantic songs through its sheer emotional power. It is the perfect romantic song for anyone with a broken heart.
- "I Believe (When I Fall in Love it Will Be Forever)" by Stevie Wonder. The closing track from Stevie's seminal "Talking Book" album, this torch ballad is a soulful, loving song. It is easily one of the best romantic songs of all time.
- "At Last" by Etta James. Another torchy love song, "At Last" is an automatic choice on the best romantic songs list because it is a wedding staple. Even so, its power is matched by few other songs.
- "Crazy" by Patsy Cline. One of the most smoldering country ballads of time, "Crazy" definitely deserves a spot on any list of best romantic songs. Its pure, lovely sensuality has transcended a half-century of time.
- "How Sweet it Is (To Be Loved By You)" by Marvin Gaye. This enduring Motown classic from the modern master of romantic soul is sweet and sexy at the same time. What else can someone ask of one of the best romantic songs?
- "Is This Love" by Bob Marley & The Wailers. Jamaica's answer to Marvin Gaye, reggae superstar Bob Marley, sang this one. Though he is gone, his voice and this song stand the test of time.
- "I've Never Found a Girl (To Love Me Like You Do)" by Eddie Floyd. This Floyd number is a Memphis soul classic. It is one of the best romantic songs of its era, and stands up today.
- "Brown Eyed Girl" by Van Morrison. Though Van never liked this hit much, It is probably the song that he is most well-known for. That is because it is one of the best romantic songs of all time; play it for a girl with brown eyes and she'll never look at you the same way again.
- "Cosmic Love" by Florence + The Machine. The final entry on our list of the 10 best romantic songs is the most recent. A transcendent, ethereal tune, it embodies the all-encompassing feeling of love as a force of nature.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.