Here are the 10 Best Rum Cocktails – and remember, the best way to learn about them is to try them…hope you enjoy learning about them as much as we did!
- Rum and Coke. The number one best rum cocktail has got to be a Rum and Coke. It's a classic combination that's popularity is long-living for a reason; it's darn good!
- Mojito. The second best rum cocktail is one that is a mainstay amongst the trendy, hipster crowd: the Mojito. A mojito combines spiced rum, mint leaves, sugar, lime juice, and soda water for a magical combination that is sure to please.
- Hurricane. Next up on the list of best rum cocktails is definitely that drink of legends, the Hurricane. A mind numbing combo of spiced rum, dark rum, dark rum, passion fruit juice, mango juice, and sweet and sour mix. Make yourself this drink and you'll be transported directly to the Big Easy…just be careful you take it easy with these bad boys…they pack a mean punch!
- Mai Tai. Don your Hawaiian shirt and mix yourself a Mai Tai using equal parts light rum, creme de almond, and triple sec. Add sweet and sour mix and pineapple juice and finish with a floater of dark rum and you'll feel that island fever as you enjoy this classic best rum cocktail.
- Planter's Punch. Popular in tropical locations you'll find an abundance of this next rum cocktail: Planter's Punch. This sweet libation mixes spiced rum, orange juice, pineapple juice, lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, and grenadine to create a refreshing and delicious rum cocktail.
- Mango Madras. Looking for something a little less sweet? Try a tasty rum cocktail: a Mango Madras. Make this tasty treat using mango or spiced rum, cranberry juice and a splash or orange juice.
- Treasure Shot. Don't be afraid to try a Treasure shot – definitely one of the best rum cocktails ever. This shot combines spiced rum with Goldschlager and guarantees to put some pep in your step!
- Rum and Ginger. Rum and Ginger is the next on our list of best rum cocktails and is a perfect alternative to a Rum and Coke if you're looking for a change. Mix a top shelf rum with ginger ale and add a twist of lime for a different take on a rum cocktail.
- Pina Colada. To leave out the next two drinks on any best rum cocktails list would be sacrilegious. So ubiquitous it practically needs no introduction: the Pina Colada. Pineapple, coconut, rum…what else do you need?
- Daiquiri. To close out the list of the best rum cocktails is none other than the frozen daiquiri. Truly nothing else is needed other than rum, ice and whatever fresh fruit you have lying around. Especially popular with the ladies…does a daiquiri count as a diet food? We think so!
We know it’s not even Spring yet, but that shouldn’t stop you from skipping ahead a season and getting all s ...
Every Friday, our cocktail columnist creates a custom drink inspired by the week's pop-cultural happenings. This week: A ...
When you make a rum cocktail, you want to taste the rum as well as the mixer. Mixology expert Marshall Altier explains h ...