You need music when you're on the run, so we have compiled the 10 best on the run songs. Being on the run raises questions: Why are you on the run? What are you running from? Whether you are running away, running toward something or just plain running, here are some tunes to keep you moving. Some songs just make you want to run.
- "Born to Run" by Bruce Springsteen Everything about this song shouts run, so it must top the list of the best on the run songs. The music starts strong and builds as the haunting lyrics seem to keep you on the run to the dramatic musical ending.
- "Band on the Run" by Paul McCartney and Wings Silly song about a band being on the run. Just a band running for the sake of running. Sometimes you are on the run for a reason and other times it's just for fun.
- "Running Down a Dream" by Tom Petty This song is more about driving than running, but it still has a great sound and an inspirational message. Driving beat makes you want to run and Petty has an inspirational message to encourage your dream chasing.
- "My Little Runaway" by Del Shannon Classic '50s tune about a runaway girlfriend. This song has been covered by countless musicians since then. A great driving beat will get you in the mood for running or will keep you running if you are getting tired.
- "Walking to New Orleans" by Fats Domino Old blues song. Kind of slow and methodical, but has a fun message and beat. Probably more for running slowly, but still, the rhythm seems to fit running.
- "Take the Money and Run" by The Steve Miller Band Song about a bank heist and running away. It does promote and romanticize bank robbery to an extent, but assuming you know better than to try that, it has a great beat for running.
- "Walk of Life" by Dire Straits A classic rock song. While the words are about walking, the music is clearly about running. Great beat that will keep your feet moving even when your spirit wants to sit.
- "Take It on the Run" by REO Speedwagon Hard driving rock and roll tune to get you running. The music is the thing with this song; the driving beat won't let you slow down.
- "On the Run" by Pink Floyd Another classic rock tune with an interesting message. In a strange, bluesy way, the song is more about encouraging you to get started on the run or to keep going unless you look up one day and "ten years have gone."
- "These Boots Were Made for Walking" by Nancy Sinatra Another song about walking, but the message is clearly about running away. It is said revenge is the best medicine, so if you have lost at love, put on those dancing boots and get to walking.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.