Developments in running shoes are always changing, to help you stay on top of the greatest shoes of last year here are the 10 best running shoes of 2010. These shoes are the best in style, comfort and performance.
- Asics Gel-Kayano 16. Asics made many great styles of shoes in 2010, but this style which came out in the spring of 2010 is certainly one of the best running shoes of 2010. The shoe itself is extremely plush for comfort and the heel of the shoe is packed full of gel for cushioning.
- Brooks Switch 3. Also released in the spring of 2010, it is the affordable price, body stability and comfort are what make these shoes one of the best running shoes of 2010.
- Mizuno Wave Nexus 4. This version of the Nexus is a basic running shoe with not many bells and whistles, but lots of stability. This is a great shoe for runners with medium builds.
- Pearl Izumi Syncroguide III. This is the perfect shoe for runners who carry a bit more weight and who are overpronators. These runners need more motion control, and this shoe provides it.
- Asics Gel Nimbus 11. Another offering from Asics, the Nimbus is an extra light weight shoe that still provides the gel inserts for cushioning. This is a great all purpose shoe as the foot bed provides support conducive to all types of terrain.
- Brooks Glycerin 7. The environmentally friendly aspect of these shoes combined with the state-of-the-art cushion technology make it one of the best running shoes of 2010. The shoe body is extra plush and the sole is both durable and flexible for maximum comfort.
- Nike Zoom Structure Triax+ 12. Easily one of the best running shoes of 2010, this shoe is the best in comfort and foot protection. These shoes are ideal for long runs due to the signature footbridge.
- Brooks Beast 10. One of the best running shoes of 2010 for runners with low arches, the Brooks Beast 10 gains good reviews on fit for runners who often have a difficult time finding shoes that fit properly thanks to its stability control features like a plastic shank that supports the arch from midsole to heel, eliminating overpronation.
- K-Swiss Konejo 2. This is a great shoe that provides maximum comfort and stability for a reasonable price. The high heal makes the foot transition well during running strides, and the stay-tied laces are an extra bonus.
- Saucony Progrid Hurricane 12. This shoe has a firm ride and hefty support but is still surprisingly cushioned and comfortable. The top of the shoe's arch band secures the feet comfortably.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.