You’ve come to the right place if you’re looking for the 10 best Russian action movies. These films cover a variety of subjects, from historical battles to futuristic imaginings. They all have one thing in common: they’re a thrill a minute.
- "Enemy at the Gates." Joseph Fiennes stars in this re-creation of the Battle of Stalingrad. In our opinion, it’s the best Russian action movie ever made.
- "The Star." During the Second World War, the Russians set up a special army to battle the Nazis. This film tells their story.
- "Attack on Leningrad." This is the best Russian action movie to depict the siege on Leningrad in 1941. It stars Gabriel Byrne and Mira Sorvino.
- "9th Company." Ever wonder about the Soviet war in Afghanistan? This movie tells that story.
- "The Inhabited Island." “The Inhabited Island” is a futuristic sci-fi movie set in the 22nd century. It is also one of the best Russian action movies of recent years.
- "12." Did a Chechen teenager really kill his father? This movie explores crime and punishment in modern day Russia.
- "The Apocalypse Code." “The Apocalypse Code” is a movie about terrorism that came out in 2007. It gets our vote for one of the best Russian action movies to tackle the subject.
- "The Mechanik." This thrilling action and adventure flick is about the modern day Russian mafia. It stars Dolph Lundgren.
- "Night Watch." Set in present day Moscow, “Night Watch” sees the daytime and nighttime mafia go head to head in a heated battle. The film stars Konstantin Khabenskiy.
- "Black Lightning." A college kid has no luck getting the girl of his dreams – until he is magically turned into a superhero, that is. This new film from Timur Bekmambetov rounds out our list of the best Russian action movies.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."