There are several occasions when a sad goodbye song is appropriate, so here are the 10 best sad goodbye songs. Graduations, funerals, break-ups, unrequited love and so on, are all excellent examples of these occasions. Sometimes, you don't even need a reason to just want to listen to a sad goodbye song.
- "Goodbye To You" by Michelle Branch "Goodbye To You" is a very sad song, perfect for those times when a sad goodbye song is necessary. "Goodbye To You" fits very well as a sad goodbye song to use for a breakup situation. Although it can be applied to other occasions as well.
- "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Hithers "Ain't No Sunshine" is a classic goodbye song. It can be described as belonging to the Motown genre. It's haunting, but not overly sappy.
- "White Horse" by Taylor Swift "White Horse" was one of the several hits from Swift's "Fearless" album. It certainly falls in the sad goodbye song category. It's a very good sad breakup song as well. One of the unique things about this song is that it's sad, without coming from an overly victimized point of view. It's about being sad, but keeping your head high and moving on from what isn't good for you.
- "Goodbye My Lover" by James Blunt "Goodbye My Lover" is a very slow, sad goodbye song. It has a feeling of finally being able to strong enough to let that person go. "Goodbye My Lover" has the same style as another of Blunt's hits, "You're Beautiful."
- "Whiskey Lullaby" by Braid Paisley and Allison Krauss "Whiskey Lullaby" is the epitome of sad goodbye songs. There’s a slight Romeo and Juliet type tragedy feel to it. But mostly, it’s just really sad. Two individuals caught up in circumstances and in each other, and they don’t get a happy ending.
- "Broken" by Lifehouse "Broken" has a very lonely feeling to it. It's the exact kind of song you'd want to put on right after you lose a special someone. "Broken" was also featured in the trailer and commercials for the popular 2009 film, "The Time Traveler's Wife."
- "Almost Lover" by A Fine Frenzy "Almost Lover" is an overlooked song when it comes to sad goodbye songs. It's about letting go and moving on. "Almost Lover" still has a very wistful feeling to it though.
- "You'll Think Of Me" by Keith Urban "You'll Think Of Me" is a very lonely song. It's about trying to get over that certain someone, and doing your best to keep your world together. It has a very similar feeling to "What Hurts the Most" by Rascal Flatts.
- "Who Knew" by P!nk "Who Knew" is a unique sad goodbye song in the respect that it can go several ways. it wasn't written to just be a breakup song. Though the context of breakup fits with this song, it works with losing someone you love. "Who Knew" is also unique because it feels angry and sad at the same time.
- "I Don't Love You" by My Chemical Romance "I Don't Love You" is another song that invokes a feeling of sadness, along with one of anger. It's not a slow song at all, it's pretty up-tempo. "I Don't Love You' is another song that's about getting over what's in the past, and moving on.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.