Sad love songs are among the most greatest and most touching songs of all, here are the 10 best sad Indian love songs. The best sad Indian love songs brought out the best in some of the greatest singers of all time, including Kishore Kumar, Rafi, and Lata Mangeshkar.
- "Ja b Dil Hi Toot Gaya" by K. L. Saigal: The quintessential sad love song, this song by the great K. L. Saigal tells of unrequited love as experienced by the Indian emperor Shah Jahan when his queen Mumtaz died. A touching, powerful song of heartbreak, this may be the most famous sad Indian love song of all time.
- "Hum Tumse Na Kuchh Keh Paye" by Kishore Kumar: Another sad love song where the singer sings about his inability to confess his love to his beloved. This song reflects upon the Indian culture of the mid twentieth century when relations between the opposite sexes were not encouraged.
- "Naina Barse Rimjhim" by Lata Mangeshkar: This song by the great Lata Mangeshkar tells of the sadness of separation and the overflowing tears it produces. It was very popular in the 1960s and has a beautiful melody
- "Hum Bewafa Hargiz na The" by Kishore Kumar: This heart wrenching love song speaks of the vicissitudes of fate and the tragic consequences it can bring upon love. This is one of Kishore Kumar’s great performances.
- "Kya hua tera wada" by Rafi: This popular song by Rafi touches upon the betrayal by a lover and its tragic effect upon the partner. A wonderful song by Kishore Kumar’s great counterpart.
- "Humen tumse pyar kitna" by Kishore Kumar: "I do not know how much I love you, but I do know that I cannot live without you", so go this song’s lyrics. This is an example of a sad love song that touches upon the emotions produced by the separation of lovers.
- "Aaye na baalam" by Bade Ghulam Ali Khan: A great, power packed performance by the renowned Indian classical singer Bade Ghulam Ali Khan, this song tells about a lover waiting in vain for his beloved. A simple and beautiful song.
- "Dil Cheez Kya Hai" by Lata Mangeshkar: This beautiful, poetic song’s first stanza can be roughly translated as “what about the heart, take my life”. It touches upon the complete and utter love the protagonist the singer feels for her beloved.
- "Mere Dil Ne Tadap Ke" by Kishore Kumar: A beautiful song of despair and nostalgia by the great Kishore Kumar. The singer’s hear cries out in agony for his sweetheart
- "Kora Kagaz Tha Yeh" by Kishore Kumar: Another masterpiece by a great singer. The song tells of how only one person’s name can be written upon the singer’s heart. It tells about the singer’s total loyalty to his love.
There are countless great songs in the annals of Indian music and cinema, and this short list of ten best sad Indian love songs can only touch upon the tip of the iceberg. Go discover the joys of Indian music.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!