Need to know the ten best sad leaving songs? Often life changing events facilitates the need for a great sad song. Over the years countless sad leaving songs have captivated our hearts. These ten songs are the most popular and loved of the sad leaving song.
“Friends are Friends Forever” This song written and performed by Michael W. Smith is a staple at graduations. The song portrays a friend that has to let go of another friend that has died. It will bring tears from even the toughest friend
“Tears in Heaven” This song written by Eric Clapton and Will Jennings and performed by Eric Clapton is one of the saddest on the list. This song was written after the death of Eric Clapton's four year old son. This song won three Grammy awards.
- “He Stopped Loving Her Today” This sad leaving song is written by Bob Braddock and Claude Putnam, Jr. and performed by George Jones. This depressing yet beautiful song is the story of unrequited love. The end of this song finds the jilted lover dead and finally free of the love.
- “It's So Hard to Say Goodbye to Yesterday” This generally sad song is written by Freddie Perren and Christine Yarian was originally recorded by G.C. Cameron and made famous by Boyz II Men. This song laments the many memories that come with saying goodbye to the past. This song topped the Billboard charts.
- “Whisky Lullaby” This country song written by Bill Anderson and John Randall and performed by Brad Paisley is another example of a story of unrequited love. The man in this story could not handle the demise of the relationship and drank himself to death. The female could not handle the guilt and years later drank herself to death. .This was the Country Music Association's winner for the 2005 Song of the Year.
- “A Day In the Life” This Beatles song released in 1967, is extraordinarily sad due to the fact that it is written about the tragedy that surrounds daily life. People are going about daily life and tragedy is happening all around. This song features various references to drugs.
“Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word” This song was released in 1976. This Elton John song features a person who has done wrong and has lost their mate. This song reached number six on the US Top 20 charts.
- “You Don't Bring Me Flowers” This song is written by Neil Diamond, Alan Bergman, and Marilyn Bergman. It is performed by Neil Diamond and Barbara Streisand. This song depicts a couple who are having problems. The song eventually ends with an inevitable break-up and relationship ending.
“How Do I Live Without You” This song written by Diane Warren and performed by LeeAnn Rimes first and then later by Trisha Yearwood is a country classic. This song depicts a lover who is faced with the prospect of losing a loved one and cannot bear to go on. This song is a great example of the ten best sad leaving songs.
- “I Will Remember You” This song written and performed by Sarah McLachlan is one of the most well known famous sad leaving songs. This song speaks of losing a loved one and how the memories sometimes bring joy and sadness. Released in 1995, this song won a Grammy for its touching lyrics and beautiful vocals.
These ten sad leaving songs are heartbreaking yet amazing. They are performed by some of the best voices in our generation. The stories are realistic as well as morbid at times. When looking for the perfect sad leaving song these are a perfect fit.