The ten best sad love rock ballad lyrics were a tough bunch to rank. At one time, when a rock group would release an album, they would add a ballad to the mix and it would become a major hit. Here's few of the best ballads sung by great performers.
- “'Cause nothin' lasts forever and we both know hearts can change”. "November Rain." Guns N Roses. This emotionally charged piece celebrates hopelessness, and this set of lyrics are one of the ten best because of its brutal honesty. “November Rain”, the song, is as cold as actual November rain.
- “But you'll never see the end of the road, While you're traveling with me”. “Don't Dream It's Over”. Crowded House. In this spot of ten best sad love rock ballads lyrics, Neil Finn admits that the lady is better off without him.
- “So I'll drive so f**king far away that I'll never cross your mind, and do whatever it takes in your heart to leave me behind”. “Hate Me”. Blue October. Blue October grabs the spot with this hate filled number as one of ten best sad love rock ballad lyrics. Even though she helps him through tough times of drug abuse, he still regrets loving her and wants to be as far away from her as possible.
- “This time I've lost my own return in spite of everything i've learned”. “I'm So Tired”. Fugazi. This is one of ten best sad love rock ballad lyrics by being completely honest about life. He sees nothing left to live for and drops this straight-to-the-point gem into the lap of everyone who always looks on the bright side of life.
- “I don't need to be the king of the world as long as I'm the hero of this little girl”. “Heaven”. Warrant. Warrant takes spot five as one of ten best sad love rock ballad lyrics by trying to tell himself that even though she's in heaven, he's closer than he thinks.
- “Waiting at the station, tears filling up my eyes. Sometimes the pain you hide burns like a fire inside”.” Heartbreak Station”. Cinderella. Two lovers meeting at the train station, but he remains alone at the end of it all. Sorrowful and dreary, this song has that winter feel that a lot of people who were rejected go through.
- “I paint a picture of the days gone by, when love went blind and you would make me see". “I Remember You”. Skid Row. The singer remembers a former love from the past and instead of criticizing the relationship, he honors it.
- “Love of my life can't you see, bring it back bring it back, don't take it away from me.” “Love of My Life”. Queen. The singer wants his lover to return to him, because they belong together.
- “And now my bitter hands cradle broken glass of what was everything.”. “Alive”. Pearl Jam. Eddie Vedder sang of love and trust in the beginning of “Alive”, but the song turned bad as he sings those lyrics.
- “And when she died…I couldn't cry". “Cemetery Gates”. Pantera. The shock of death leaves him without emotion. Pantera kind of shows their soft side with this ballad.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."