The 10 best sad love song lyrics are known to make the listener cry. While these songs all have sad lyrics, the outcome of the story in the song is not always the same. Get a tissue or two before singing along.
- "I'm tired of pretending I don't love you anymore" The heart wrenching lyrics from country artist Travis Tritt hit make the list of best sad love song lyrics. From the song "Anymore," the story unfortunately does not have a happy ending and leaves the listener wondering if the singer will ever get over his broken heart.
- "Would you know my name, if I saw you in heaven" The haunting lyrics by Eric Clapton from his song of the same title make the list of best sad love song lyrics. The song recounts the death of his young son, and the love he's not ready to let go of.
- "But her dreams give her wings and she flies to a place where she's loved" Martina McBride's song "Concrete Angel" tells of a different side of love. The abused child in the song only gains love in death. This haunting thought makes the list of best sad love song lyrics.
- "He stopped loving her today" The lyrics by George Jones are taken from a song by the same name. This one makes the list of best sad love song lyrics due to the sad story of love that lasts until death.
- "Don't let your life pass you by, weep not for memories" Sarah McLachlan's song "I will remember you" offers line after line befitting of best sad love song lyrics. This sad tune tells of love being but a memory that won't die.
- "Well now she's gone, even though I hold her tight" J Frank Wilson's hit "Last Kiss" broke the hearts of many teens during the early period of rock n roll and makes the list of best sad love song lyrics. The band Pearl Jam chose to do a remake of the song in the 1990's.
- "How am I suppose to live without you" The song of the same name was a hit for Michael Bolton back in the 1980's and makes the list of best sad love song lyrics. The character in the song can't go on without the love of his life and leaves us wondering what will happen to this tortured soul.
- "Goodbye my friend it's hard to die" Terry Jacks hits the list of best sad love song lyrics with these words from his song "Seasons in the Sun." The song looks at losing love from the perspective of dying and leaving those you love behind.
"Taken away so young, taken away without warning" Christopher Cross's hit "Think of Laura" brought tears to the eyes of fans of the soap opera "General Hospital' The song makes the list of best sad love song lyrics for telling the sad story of the death of a beloved friend.
- "What can I do, pictures of you still make me cry" From the song "Don't Let It End" the band Styxx makes the list of best sad love song lyrics for this tearful plea. The sad story of a man begging his wife to not leave touched the hearts of many in the late 1980's.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.