In this list of the 10 best sad romantic songs, we’ll deal with all the dark emotions associated with the negative side of romance. For every great romance, there is also a great sob story. These songs tell those stories with emotional clarity, and melodic purity.
- “Goodbye to Love” by The Carpenters has a cheery melody, but it deceptively hides some of the grimmest and most depressing lyrics ever fashioned. The song is about giving up on any hope of ever finding love, and accepting your lonely fate. Be warned that this song is only appropriate for the darkest of moods, and the grimmest of breakups.
- “He Stopped Loving Her Today” by the great George Jones is a perfect example of how sad romantic songs can tell a story. It also does a great job dealing with the gradually way our feelings change during a breakup.
- “Hello Darlin” By Conway Twitty has some of the most memorable lyrics in this list of sad romantic songs. Conway’s voice also brings a lot of emotion into the music.
- “Heartbreak Hotel” by Elvis Presley is one of the true classics among the sad romantic songs. It deals with the way we often retreat to be alone after a breakup.
- “Every Rose Has It’s Thorn” by the rock band Poison, was one of the most memorable romantic songs of its time, and a true classic among power ballads. It does a good job explaining how romance can be both sweet and sour at the same time.
- “Look Away” by Chicago is a wonderful ballad by a band that was masterful with ballads. This song deals with the raw emotions that rise up within when you see a former lover.
- The aptly titled “Crying” by Roy Orbison is one of the rawest sad songs ever created. The pure unbridled emotions expressed in the lyrics and the melody are both very moving, and by the time you finish listening to it, you’ll likely be shedding a few tears.
- “If Loving You is Wrong, I Don’t Want to Be Right” by Luther Ingram, is definitely one of the all-time best sad romantic songs. It’s about the inability to let go, even after you know a relationship is headed in a bad direction.
- The Carpenters return to the list with the classic “Rainy Days and Mondays”. It’s about how the memories of a romance can linger and emerge unexpectedly.
- “With or Without You” by U2 finishes off the list with a wonderful melody and memorable lyrics. This song is about how a rocky romance can leave you mentally wounded and broken.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."