The ten best sad slow songs was a challenge to compile because there are many great sad songs by amazing musicians. We've done our best to find the best of the saddest songs so check it out.
- "So Lonesome I Could Cry" Hank Williams. A sad country song about living a life of solitude and feeling unloved.
- "Cats in the Cradle" Harry Chapin. A story about an absentee father who chooses his career rather then raising his children. Ironically, he suffers the same fate during his senior years as his child has no time to spend with him.
- "Brick" Ben Folds. This is a story about teenage pregnancy and abortion from the boyfriends perspective. It's a sad story told with a lot of honesty without having any kind of agenda towards abortion issues.
- "I Can't Make You Love Me" Bonnie Raitt. A tale about one last night with her lover. She realizes she can't make him stay or feel any love towards her.
- "Ode to Billy Joe" Bobby Gentry. One of the saddest songs from the sixties you'll ever hear about a boy who takes his own life by jumping off a bridge.
- "Meeting Across the River-Bruce Springsteen. This is a song about a young street thug trying to work his way up the criminal ladder.
- "Hurt" Nine Inch Nails. There are many interpretations about this song; it could be about, suicide, drug use, or psychological struggles but all-in-all it's a story about struggling with depression in whatever form.
- "She Talks to Angels" The Black Crowes. It's a sad tale about a young heroine addict, and what she hallucinates while she's high.
- "Mad World" Tears for Fears. This truly sad song Is about a boy who feels his life is not worth living. He is contemplating suicide to end his pain.
- "Why" Annie Lennox. This sad song reflects on a relationship that is about to end in divorce. She looks back on the mistakes and anger they both made in the marriage.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …