Sometimes it helps to just get your emotions out by listening to one of the 10 best sad songs of 2008. Each year there are many sad songs released, but in 2008 there were many that seemed powerful and poignant. If you want to start some pondering about your life, curl up and listen to the best sad songs released in 2008 and let your emotions flow.
- Toby Keith, "She Never Cried in Front of Me." A sad song is one thing you do not expect from the country king of testosterone, Toby Keith, but this song about a lost love is definitely one of the saddest to be released in 2008.
- Keith Anderson, "I Still Miss You." A country tale of a lost lover's lament. There is a gravelly and very masculine sound to Keith Anderson's voice that can make this song sound especially sad. The year 2008 got a little bit sadder with the release of this song.
- Darius Rucker, "Don't Think I Don't Think About it." The former lead singer of Hootie and the Blowfish released a heartfelt song about lost love that will bring a tear to anyone's eye. His distinctive baritone voice made this sad song stand out among the new releases of 2008.
- Celine Dion, "Taking Chances." One of the finest vocalists in the world can still send chills up people's spines. Celine sings about a lost love in this truly sad song from 2008.
- Carrie Underwood, "Just a Dream." This song is simply depressing, but well-executed by Carrie Underwood. In this sad song from 2008, a bride loses her fiancee to the Gulf War, which definitely allows this song to qualify for this list.
- Leona Lewis, "Bleeding Love." This beautiful R&B song by Leona Lewis is a soulful tale of ill-advised attraction worthy of being labeled one of the saddest songs from 2008.
- Rascal Flatts, "Every Day." With lines like "Every day you save my life," it is impossible to think of sad songs from 2008 and not have this piece come to mind.
- Rascal Flatts, "Winner at a Losing Game." Rascal Flatts had a good year for being sad in 2008. This is a song about loving someone who does not love you back. The subject has been done before, but this version can bring a tear to your eye.
- Taylor Swift, "Teardrops on My Guitar." This teenage lament about lost love puts Taylor Swift on this list of sad songs from 2008.
- Kenny Chesney, "Better as a Memory." Beautiful music backing up sad lyrics is the perfect combination for a sad song that will make anyone emotional.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."