10 Best Sad Songs About Love
Just in case your beloved runs out on you in the near future, here is a useful list of the ten best sad songs about love. Breaking up can be hard to do, losing a lover to some kind of mishap can be even harder but for some reason people love to wallow in self-pity when such events occur and spend hours listening to depressing love songs.
- "Could've Been" Tiffany. The red head went from mall singing queen to emotional crutch with this weepy entry into the ten best sad songs about love. Twenty years on the saddest thing about the song is the fact that it pretty much signaled the end of her pop career.
- "Leader of The Pack" The Shangri-las. A lot of people get caught up in the catchy chorus and overlook the tragic end that befalls the "leader" in this 1960's sad song about love.
- "Nothing Compares 2 U" Sinead O'Connor. The bald headed, Pope bashing, Irish priestess wrote the song about her Mom but it has become a favorite with the lonely hearted and remains one of the ten best sad songs about love.
- "November Rain" Guns N Roses. Axl Rose showed his sensitive side in this rock classic about someone who got ditched and then stood around feeling sorry for himself in the cold November rain. The distinctive passion in Axl's voice make it one the the best sad love songs.
- "Better Man" Pearl Jam. Slightly different to the usual love songs in that the problem isn't being but dumped but rather having to put up with a guy who just isn't all that great. Sad and about love but kind of bitchy too.
- "All by Myself" Eric Carmen. This absolute classic has been covered by many artists but the original was a true top ten best sad love song.
- "What is Love" Haddaway. Who would mistreat a guy with a flat top and a bright blue woolen suit? Someone evil. In this song the evil one ignored his pleas and kept hurting the poor fellow over and over again. This sad song also features some awesome synth harmonies.
- "With or Without You" U2. The Irish are great at making sad songs about love and Bono sent out a message to heartbreakers everywhere that we can live with or without you so stick that in your pipe and smoke it while I sit here and cry.
- "Could've Been" Roxette. It shared a title with Tiffany's entrant to to ten best sad songs about love list, but this was a hard edged, Swedish rocker take on what could've been and it just compounded the air of despair.
- "Who's Gonna Drive You Home" The Cars. Who's gonna drive you home? Should have thought of that before you ran out on me ! Absolute classic 1980's melancholy mega-hit and definitely one of the ten best sad songs about love.