You have been initiated into the salsa culture and can’t get enough of it, so you want to know the 10 best salsa songs of all time to practice your new dance moves. This list includes the mainstream salsa singers of today’s time as well as older singers who are salsa legends. You will be sure to hear all of these songs at any place that plays salsa music.
- "La Vida es un Carnival" by Celia Cruz. Queen of Salsa Celia Cruz is one of the most well-known salsa singers of the 20th Century. This Cuban born singer had a successful music career for more than fifty years. This fast rhythm song is one of her best songs, and it is about being happy and loving life, as implied in the title, which is translated to “life is a carnival.”
- “Lloraras” by Oscar de Leon. If you are one of the people who enjoy listening to salsa music instead of dancing to it, this is the perfect salsa song because it is soft and relaxing. Also, it is one of the slower salsa songs on the list.
- “Valio la Pena” by Marc Anthony. Puerto Rican singer Marc Anthony is one of the most well-known mainstream salsa singers today. You will hear this song about at any Salsa club.
- “Una Historia” by Giberto Santa Rosa and Victor Manuelle. Aside from Marc Anthony, Giberto Santa Rosa is one of the most popular salsa artists of all times. This is one of his best salsa songs.
- “Juliana” by Cuco Valoy. Dominican singer Cuco Valo is a very popular in the salsa world. This song was one of his top hit songs, along with “Nació Varón.”
- El Amor by Tito el Bambino. If you enjoy songs about love and romance, this salsa song has them both. Puerto Rican singer Tito el Bambino smoothly sings the lyrics to a beautiful song about how charming love can be. The salsa song starts off with soft guitar strokes and then it gradually opens with Tito el Bambino soothing voice.
- “Devorame Otra Vez” by Eddie Santiago. Puerto Rican singer Eddie Santiago is known for his romantic songs. Salsa lovers enjoy his music because of this and also because it has just the right pace for dancing.
- “No le Pega la Negra" by Grupo Niche. This song starts off with the sound of the drums, and then the pace gradually increases into a fast salsa song. If you enjoy dancing to fast salsa music, be sure to add this song to your playlist.
- “El Cuatro de Tula" by Buena Vista Social Club. This song embodies elements of son salsa, a type of salsa music that embodies African elements that was popular in that 1930’s. Hence, it differs from the other songs on the list. Although it embraces an older style of salsa music, salsa lovers love it because it is upbeat and challenging to dance to.
- “Soy Guajiro” by Willy Chirino. “Soy Guajiro” means “I’m From the Country." In Cuba, being from the country is often looked down upon, however, Cuban born singer Willy Chirino embraces this identity in this song. He is one of the less popular mainstream salsa singers, nevertheless, everyone loves his music, especially Cubans.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.