Looking for the 10 best sappy love country songs? Well, the sincerity of a well-crafted love song and the sometimes simple prose of country music lyrics can often result in songs that come across as sappy. Although these songs may seem sappy to a jaded listener, if you actually listen to the emotions conveyed you may be able to identify with the feelings that were the catalyst of these songs. Some of the best sappy love songs come from that place where everything is a little brighter and the day is just that much more pleasant because you are head over heels.
- "I Just Want to Dance with You" by George Strait. This country crooner makes his intentions clear on this late 1990's sappy country love song. He's not looking for a relationship or a one-night rodeo, but rather a simple dance.
- "She Don't Know She's Beautiful" by Sammy Kershaw. Sammy Kershaw sings one of the best sappy country love songs as he reassures his lady friend that she's still got good looks. Hopefully she is just looking for a little validation and doesn't have deep seated security issues.
- "Now That I Found You" by Terri Clark. Many songs attempt to express the solace one finds when they finally find true love, but few succeed like Terri Clark does in what is one of best sappy country love songs.
- "One Boy, One Girl" by Collin Raye. Few songwriters have been able to craft as many quality ballads as Collin Raye. Although this song teeters on being excessively sappy its endearing due to the innocent nature of its subject matter and is certainly one of the best sappy country love songs.
- "Valentine" by Martina McBride. Martina McBride has vocal chords that few in country music can rival. A lesser vocalist could not deliver this song with such force as she does and it is clearly one of the best sappy country love songs.
- "Good Morning, Beautiful" by Steve Holy. The lyrical content of this track is not for those who are bitter or those who just had their heart broken, but if you are at the height of love-infused euphoria or just an intense case of morning afterglow you are listening to one of the best sappy country love songs to fit your mood.
- "Unanswered Prayers" by Garth Brooks. In the hands of a lesser performer this song would drown under its own sappiness, but Garth Brooks sells it so well you realize that everything is okay because that is how its meant to be.
- "Another You" by David Kersh. David Kersh delivers one of the best sappy country love songs as he recounts time with an old lover and how they hold a special place in his heart that will not be replaced by anyone else.
- "In This Life" by Collin Raye. This brilliant singer-songwriter approaches a simple topic and delivers it in a prolific manner in one of the best sappy country love songs.
- "When I Said I Do" by Clint Black and Lisa Hartman Black. They are married. They renew their vows via song. The song is performed as well as any of its contemporaries. It may not be anything prolific but they sure do sell it well, as they should since the feelings are real.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …