10 Best Scary Movies To Watch On Dates
The 10 best scary movies to watch on dates presents horror movies that make sure couples are locked in an embrace throughout the movie. These movies are not too gory but gives guys and girls both something to enjoy, whether scary scenes or pop culture references.
- “Scream” – One of the best scary movies to watch on dates is Wes Craven’s self referential horror movie, “Scream.” A girl is terrorized by a masked serial killer in this movie that makes references to all the slasher movies that came before it. There have been four movies in the series so far.
- “Halloween” – John Carpenter set the table for all slasher movies that followed in this scary movie to watch on dates. A babysitter is terrorized by a masked killer who hunts kids down, killing them one by one. This remains one of Hollywood’s most successful horror franchises.
- “Shaun of the Dead” – A perfect scary movie to watch on a date is one that includes humor and this British zombie comedy fits that description. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost star as two slackers who find out that their entire town is overrun with mindless zombies so they make their way to a pub to wait it out.
- “The Descent” – One of the great scary movies to watch on dates is this horror movie about a group of girls who go cave diving and end up trapped and hunted by mutants. The movie is all about girl power and presents a story that is just as dramatic as it is horrifying.
- “Vacancy” – Luke Wilson and Kate Beckinsale arte a young couple that is stranded at a hotel and end up hunted by a man who wants to use them in his snuff film. This is the same story you see in an episode of “Criminal Minds” but is shot with a skill that makes it a great scary movie to watch on a date.
- “Disturbia” – A loose remake of Alfred Hitchcock’s “Rear Window,” this is a great scary movie to watch on a date. Shia LaBeouf stars as a high school student living under house arrest who begins to witness what he believes is a murderer living next door to him.
- “Final Destination” – One of the best scary movies to watch on dates is this race against death. The movie is a unique addition to the horror genre because the killer is not a human but fate, coming after pre-selected individuals who avoided death when their time should have already come.
- “The Faculty” – Robert Rodriguez directs this scary movie to watch on dates as aliens begin to take over the faculty at a local high school. The cast included a lot of young talent that went on to become stars including Josh Hartnett, Jordana Brewster and Elijah Wood. It is a fun remake of “Invasion of the Body Snatchers.”
- “Drag Me to Hell” – Sam Raimi returned to his horror roots with this scary movie to watch on dates. The movie stars Alison Lohman as a young bank loan officer who is cursed by an old gypsy woman she insults. The movie has great humor for guys and a female protagonist for the ladies.
- “The Shining” – One of the greatest classic horror movies is also a great scary movie to watch on dates. Jack Nicholson stars as a father who takes his wife and son to a hotel to take care of it during the winter. He then slowly loses his grasp on sanity and realizes he needs to kill his family.