10 Best Scuba Diving Destinations
If you love trying out new places for scuba diving then you'll want to learn about the 10 best scuba diving destinations. These are the best scuba diving destinations in the world and while you may have been to a few of these I bet you haven't tried them all. Maybe you'll find a new destination to try out and will find a new favorite place to scuba dive.
- Cozumel, Mexico. This is an excellent place to scuba dive due to the crystal clear waters and breathtaking reefs. Visibility is very high; sometimes up to 200 feet and there are almost 20 sites that are perfect for the scuba diving enthusiast. You won't miss out on the many species of marine life either; Cozumel is teeming with all kinds.
- Fiji Islands, South Pacific. Fiji just happens to be the soft coral capital of the world and has underwater wonders such as The Great White Wall and Yellow Tunnel. In fact, it's an area that professional photographers love to visit due to its visibility and beauty.
- Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. Grand Cayman is unique because it starts off as a shallow diving area and then drops off into around 12,000 feet of depth. Visibility is approximately 80 to 150 feet and the waters are a paradise for scuba divers.
- Belize. Belize is excellent because it is not as heavy with tourists as many of the other areas so you get to enjoy the beauty of a dive there without fighting for a spot. There are many species of marine life and while the visibility isn't as good as some of the other spots you do get decent visibility around the atolls on the lee side where it can be up to 100 feet.
- Heron Island, Australia. Heron Island is a coral island that rises up out of the Great Barrier Reef. Like Belize, it's not known as a tourist area so you get more chances to enjoy it without the crowds. Just a short walk away from the shore, you can snorkel and scuba dive.
- Florida. If you like to stay stateside then Florida is an excellent location for scuba diving. From the Gulf Coast to the Keys and the Atlantic side, there are so many options to choose. Whether you like shipwrecks or reefs, Florida has it all.
- Vanuatu. Located east of Australia near New Zealand, Vanuatu is so diverse it is a favorite among scuba divers. You can choose from caves, lava towers, swim throughs, ship wrecks, grottos and overhangs. There are so many different types of dives to consider and with the water being pleasantly warm, it's a bonus.
- Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos. Right on the tip of the Bahamas, Grand Turk has great visibility all year long and stays sheltered away from strong currents. Imagine a place filled with manta rays and corals that plunge up to 7000 in depth.
- Hawaii. Another stateside favorite, Hawaii offers the chance to see sharks, whales, sea turtles and stingrays. Although the visibility isn't as good as an area that is sheltered, it definitely makes up for it in showmanship.
- Koh Tao Island, Thailand. This is an area where you get the chance to dive with whale sharks and grey reef sharks; not to mention the vivid reefs that are in the water surrounding the island.