10 Best Scuba Diving Resorts
70 percent of the world’s surface is ocean water, and the 10 scuba diving resorts offer the best of these mind-altering marine explorations. To scuba dive, you need to be certified by a respected diving organization, such as PADI (Professional Association of Diving Instructors). Thousands of varieties of sea-life—(such as fishes and corals) and historical relics (such as shipwrecks) can be among the many things you’ll be able to see.
- Ocotal Scuba Diving Resort, Costa Rica. This scuba diving destination is considered one of the finest and is known for the best scuba diving safaris in Costa Rica. PADI certifications is available here. The resort can be reached at (506) 670-032, and the address is P.O. Box 1, 5019 Guanacaste, Playa Ocotol, Costa Rica.
- Four Seasons Resorts, Maldives. This is one of the most remote scuba diving getaways possible, with opportunities to swim around the multitudes of corral reefs and accompanying diverse aquatic sea life that surround the many islands. The resort can be reached at (960) 660 -0888 and the address is the Four Seasons Resort Maldives At Landaa Giraavaru, Baa Atoll, Maldives.
- El Galleon Beach Resort, Philippines. Known as “the Jewel of the Philippines”, scuba diving is popular, but is only one of the many activities to be enjoyed. Thousands of species of fish and coral are available for your viewing pleasure. To reach the resort, call 1(801)739-7789 and the address is Small La Laguna Beach, Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro, 5203 Philippines.
- Hotel Iilo in Elba, Italy. This resort is located in the Tuscan Archipelago. Scuba divers can view not only colorful marine life, but also centuries-old shipwrecks (two ancient Roman merchant ships). Sponges, corals, octopus, lobsters are some many typical fishes and plants to see. The phone number to the resort is+ 39 056 5908018 and is located at Hotel Ilio, Capo S. Andrea, Island of Elba,Tuscany, Italy.
- Great Barrier Reef Resort, Australia. Heron Island is known the world over for its Great Barrier Reef scuba diving and snorkeling. There are more than 20 types of sites to explore, and more than half of are just a few minutes from the beach.The resort can by reached by calling T(61-7) 4940-1838 and is the address is Great Barrier Reef Resort, Queensland 4801 Australia.
- Victoria House, Belize. This luxury diving resort has one of the world’s longest barrier reefs. Full diving packages are offered for PADI-certified divers. Fly-fishing and exploring Mayan ruins are other activities commonly pursued. The phone number is 1 (800) 247-5159 and the address is 22 Coconut Drive, San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize.
- Occidental Grand Resort, Aruba. This tropical, 5-star resort has a National Geographic Dive Center and offers their guests scuba diving packages and instruction. Ship and planes wrecks from World War II are available to explore as well as the color sea-life and reefs. The address is 83 Je Irausquin Blvd, Palm/Eagle Beach, Aruba and the phone number is 1-800-858-2258 for more information.
- Sea Spirit Diving Resort, Greece. This resort is located on sunny Kos Island, and features private diving options in many of the sites. Children and families are encouraged to partake in dives. The phone number is +30 242 026988 and phone number is Grecotel Kos, Imperial Thalasso, 85300 Kos.
- Grand Wailea Resort, Hawaii. This grand hotel is also a PADI certified dive center and offers many scuba certification classes. Many dive sites—most accessible by boat—surround the island. Kayaking, surfing lessons and golf add to this vacation destination. For more information, call 1(800) 888-6100. The address is 3850 Wailea Alanui Dr, Wailea, Maui, HI 96753.
- Buddy Dive Resort, Caribbean. The Bonaire sea district is well known for its diving and contains about 60 diving sites. There is a diving academy available for novices and certifications. There are many other activities at your disposal, such as snorkeling, windsurfing and kayaking. Call 1(800) 246-8357. The address is Kaya Gob. N. Debrot 85, Kralendijk, Bonaire.