10 Best Scuba Diving Spots
Interested in the 10 best scuba diving spots in the world? The world is a wondrous places to explore, diving opens up a whole new world for us to experience. If you are a water bug and love to dive, be sure to plan a trip to one of these 10 best scuba diving spots.
- Belize. Belize is known for its great night life, exotic location, and great beaches. It also offers one of the worlds best scuba diving spots. The Great Blue Hole is located 60 miles off the mainland of Belize City. This unique diving spot is that is 430 deep, filled with a rich deep blue tone of water. Because the diving spot is so deep, it can be challenging to spot the underwater wildlife, but you may see a hammerhead shark or two.
- Thailand. Thailand is the perfect diving spot for those who crave adventure and culture. Thailand has many gorgeous beaches to relax on, and is budget friendly. Pattaya is an ideal location if you are interested in diving ship wrecks. The featured ship wrecks in Pattaya are Khram and Hardeep.
- Great Barrier Reef. The Great Barrier Reef is one of the worlds natural wonders. Located in Australia this site is now a world heritage site. This reef offers divers great options because it is longer than the Great Wall of China. Many diving excursions take place here, and it's one place you should check out before you die.
- Gilis Island. Located in the beautiful country of Indonesia, Gilis Island offers a variety of options for divers. With 18 spots to choose from diving in Gilis Island, many be a challenge to fit them all in. A great scuba diving spot for beginner who want to me immersed in an outstanding variety of marine wildlife. Diving in Gilis Island one can spot octopus, sea snakes, scorpion fish, and more on any given day.
- Pulua Sipadan. Diving in Malaysia offers divers the experience of a lifetime. The gorgeous tranquil blue green waters transport divers to another world, were they come up close and person with all of the rich marine life Malaysia has to offer. To preserve this oceanic island all resorts are now closed, but guest have to option of staying at one the near by islands such as Mabul or Kapalai.
- Micronesia. This gem of an island is located in the US territory of Guam. This scuba diving spot is perfect for history buffs. It has several diving spots with WWII wreckage to explore. It also boats " The Challenger" located on the southwest coast of the island which is the deepest point on earth.
- Egyptian Red Sea. The Egyptian Red Sea has three great scuba diving spots to check out. Elphinstone, Marine Park Dolphin House, and Marsa Abu Dabbab all three of this sites have exception marine life activity.
- Boracay. Boracay Island is a great dive spot for those who crave a smaller diving spots. One diving spot to check out is Laurel Island, which has two islands to choose from. Big Laurel has a swim through tunnel filled with coral and nudibranchs.
- Australia. Australia has many great diving spots to choose from, it's so great that it makes the list twice. Besides the Great Barrier Reef that are multiple options in Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales, Southern Australia, Western Australia, Tasmania, and Northern Territory. All scuba diving spots in Australia offer a great variety for beginners and advanced scuba divers.
- Hawaii. Hawaii is one of the best scuba diving spots in the world because all the islands offer a different experience. Diving is Maui is great for divers hopping to spot a sea turtle or two. In Lanai you can dive through lava formations and tunnels, giving you a once in a lifetime experience.