10 Best Sea Kayak Paddles
Going on a kayaking trip and need to know what kind of sea kayak paddles to buy? With all of the options, choosing a sea kayaking paddle can be a difficult undertaking. Hopefully this list will help your decision-making process easier.
- Bending Branches Whisper Paddle. This sea kayaking paddle comes is sizes ranging from 210 cm to 240 cm. This sea kayaking paddle features a comfortable hand grip made from aluminum and an adjustable feathering. The Bending Bridges paddles is a quality sea kayaking paddle, best for beginning sea kayakers and it is relatively inexpensive.
- Werner Kalliste Carbon Paddle. This best sea kayaking paddle only weighs 24 ounces and is made from carbon-fiber and foam. The shaft is straight and the blade is straight and it moves cleanly in and out of the water. Most of the technical specifications of the Kalliste would be lost on the beginning sea kayaker, so this best kayaking paddle should be reserved for the advanced sea kayaker. Reviewers thought that this sea kayaking paddle was effective in reducing arm and hand fatigue during long sea kayaking adventures.
- Bending Branches Sun Shadow Crank Day Kayak Paddle. The Sun Shadow paddle is the best sea kayaking paddle for sea kayaking tours. The asymmetrical shape of the blade is designed to reduce fluttering and fatigue. This sea kayaking paddle features a place on the shaft to grip and help improve your stroke. This sea kayaking paddle is best for sea kayakers of all abilities. The only drawback is that the wood construction increases the weight to 42 ounces. Available at rei.com for 199.95 dollars.
- Aqua-Bound Sting Ray Small-Shaft Fiberglass Paddle. The Aqua-Bound Sting Ray sea kayaking paddle is made from nylon and fiberglass. This paddle is best for beginning sea kayakers . This sea kayaking paddle is durable and can withstand collisions with rocks and other obstacles.
- Carlisle Magic Plus Paddle. The Magic Plus sea kayaking paddle is ideal for long day trips on the open sea. This sea kayaking paddle is lightweight and long lasting. The Magic Plus is made from polypropylene and fiber-glass and is designed with a low angle blade and a two part shaft.
- Werner Skagit CF IM Kayak Paddle. This aesthetically pleasing all black sea kayaking paddle is the best sea kayaking paddle for you, if you enjoy a low angle paddling style. The blade is made from a carbon-reinforced nylon and measures 19 x 6 inches. This sea kayaking paddle is average weight at 31 ounces and comes in three different lengths, 220 cm, 230 cm, and 240 cm.
- Adventure Technology Ergo Tour T4 Paddle. This sea kayaking paddle features a bent shaft made from fiberglass and reinforced polypropylene. The Ergo Tour sea kayaking paddle is designed to maximize comfort and reduce fatigue. The shaft is adjustable and it can be used by sea kayakers of all abilities.
- Harmony Sea Tortuga Kayaking Paddle. This best sea kayaking paddle features an adjustable blade and an adjustable shaft which adjusts up to 12cm. You can use this sea water kayaking paddle in competition or all day outings.
Lendal Kinetik S Paddle. The Kinetik S Sea Kayaking Paddle is ideal for long sea kayak trips and tours. The curved blade allows for increased control and efficiency. The S Paddle is made from fiberglass and nylon and weighs 380 grams. This sea kayaking paddle also glows in the dark during low light conditions.
- Werner Tybee Recreational Paddle. This sea kayaking paddle is best for touring and competing. The Tybee recreational paddle suits advanced and competitive sea kayakers. The Tybee is designed to go fast and promote forward motion. The blades are angled for increased efficiency.
Posted on: Aug. 13, 2010