If you enjoy old music, you may enjoy reminiscing about the past 10 best selling artists of the 60’s. This list includes singers from both the country and rock categories. Most of these artists you will surely recognize, even today.
- The Beatles: The Beatles were an English band that came from Liverpool. They are known as one of the most popular commercial and acclaimed pop groups to date. In the 1960’s they had such hits as: “A Hard’s Days Night” and “Help.”
- Elvis Presley: Elvis Presley, also known as the “The King of Rock & Roll,” is still a musical icon today. His career began in 1954. Elvis signed with Sun Records and soon was bringing the sound of African American music to a greater audience. Although some of his biggest hits came out of the 1950’s, Elvis was still making his fans happy in the 1960’s with such hits as: “It’s now or never,” “Are You Lonesome Tonight,” “Can’t Help Falling In Love,” “Return To Sender,” and “Viva Las Vegas.’
- James Brown: James Brown is also known as the Godfather of Soul. In the 1960’s he had such hits as “Pappa’s Got A Brand New Bag” and “I Got You (I Feel Good).”
- The Rolling Stones: The Rolling Stones are a Rock group from London, England. Two of the most recognizable names of the group are Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. They recorded many cover songs during the 1960’s as well as a few of their own originals including “I Can’t Get No Satisfaction,” Get off My Cloud” and “December’s Children.”
- Chuck Barry :Chuck Barry is considered one of the pioneers of Rock N Roll. In the 1960’s he had such hits as: “No Particular Place to Go,” “Nadine” and “You Can Never Tell.”
- Johnny Cash:Johnny Cash’s music spanned many genres including country, gospel, rock, blues and folk. In the 1960’s, he had such hits as: “Rings Of Fire,” “A Boy Named Sue,” and “Folsom Prison Blues.”
- George Jones: George Jones has been referred to as greatest living country singer. In the 1960’s he had such hits as “Tender Years,” “She Thinks I Still Care,” and “Walk Through This World Without Me.”
- Tammy Wynette: Tammy Wyneete was one of the best selling country female artists of all time. She was also married to George Jones. In the 1960’s, she had such hits as “Stand By Your Man,” “Your Good Girls Gonna Go Bad,” “I Don’t Want To Play House,” and “D-I-V-O-R-C-E.”
- Charley Pride: Is one of the few top selling African American Country music artists. In the 1960’s he had such hits as “Just Between You And Me,” and “All I Have To Offer You Is Me.”
- Brenda Lee: Brenda Lee is an artist known for country music and rockabilly style. In the 1960’s she had such hits as “I’m sorry” and “Losing You.”
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.