If you're looking for the 10 best-selling female R&B singers of all time, stop your search. You've come to the right place. These 10 women have inspired many, sold millions of hit records across the globe, sung their hearts out, and astonished us with their creativity on more than one occasion. It's not an easy job, but somebody has to get on the stage, pick up the microphone and do it.
- Aaliyah. This young woman was one in a million. Aaliyah came, she inspired and then she sadly departed from us all at such a young age. Even after her death, Aaliyah remains as one of R&B's best-selling women, having sold millions both domestically and worldwide. Aaliyah's talent has yet to be topped, even in today's market.
- Ciara. She showed us how to do the "1, 2 Step," she showed us how to do things "Like a Boy," and she gave us a taste of what "Love Sex Magic" is like. At this point, there's no doubt that Ciara definitely has the "Goodies." After three chart-topping studio albums plus a fourth underway, Ciara is a one-of-a-kind hit-maker.
- Alicia Keys. It's almost hard to believe that someone as precious and talented as Alicia Keys came out of Hell's Kitchen. Ms. Keys is one of the few chart-topping female R&B artists to date who has a very natural attachment to the instruments of her songs, most notably the piano.
- En Vogue. This female R&B quartet has won more MTV Video Music Awards than any other female R&B group out there and has sold $20 million plus in both albums and singles all across the world. En Vogue is sexy but with style, something which most female R&B artists of today can't grasp.
- Mariah Carey. Known as the best-selling female R&B and Pop artist of the 20th century, Mariah Carey has sold over 175 million videos, albums and singles internationally. She's the most successful female artist behind Madonna; but like her, Carey has been slacking off in quality for the past decade, despite her memorable past successes.
- SWV. The female R&B trio from New York City had spun a series of classic R&B/Pop hits in the '90s, including "Weak," "I'm So Into You," and "Right Here (Human Nature Mix)" to name a few. SWV, aka the Sisters with Voices, are a prime example of R&B in its purest form, unlike what you hear on today's radio.
- Brandy. R&B singer, songwriter, record producer, actress, television entertainer and even film producer, Brandy has so many talents. This gifted R&B female singer was part of a new breed of urban R&B music that emerged in the mid-late '90s. Despite her declining quality in recent music, Brandy has left us a string of classic R&B hits.
- Toni Braxton. Ms. Braxton has enjoyed and lived through incredible success throughout the '90s decade, earning numerous Grammy Awards and selling over 40 million records across the globe. Toni Braxton is an amazing R&B singer, equipped with a unique and mesmerizing vocal range.
- Keyshia Cole. Having unleashed two certified platinum albums plus a TV reality show in the past five years, Keyshia Cole is one of the few talented and unique female R&B singers of today's generation who actually stands out amidst the trash that fills the beloved market.
- Paula Abdul. This woman is an amazing R&B/Pop singer who can dance and choreograph just as good as she sings. Also known for her work as an actress and television personality, Paula Abdul scored six number one hits on the Billboard Hot 100, sold over 50 million records worldwide and has won several awards.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …