10 Best-Selling Female Singers Of All Time
The 10 best-selling female singers of all time offers a diverse list of country, rock, soul and pop singers. You have probably heard of just about every lady on this list. But there may be some women on the list of 10 best-selling female singers of all time that you have never heard of before.
- Barbra Streisand. Most people on the planet are familiar with Babs, and are well aware that she belongs on the list of the 10 best-selling female singers of all time. The Recording Industry Association of America has Streisand at 71.5 million records sold.
- Mariah Carey. Mariah Carey is often down-played as an artist because of her relationships with record executives. But record executives did not go out and buy a combined total of 63 million records from this member of the list of 10 best-selling female singers of all time.
- Madonna. When Madonna first came on to the scene she was mostly known for her attitude and her clothing. As the years have gone by, Madonna has managed to sell 64 million records in the United States as well.
- Whitney Houston. Because of her very public fall from grace, it can sometimes be easy to dismiss Whitney Houston in a discussion of the 10 best-selling female singers of all time. But 55 million records sold puts her in that discussion, and at the top of the list.
- Nana Mouskouri. The name Nana Mouskouri may not mean much to people in the United States, but she has sold approximately 200 million albums worldwide and ranks as one of the 10 best-selling female singers of all time.
- Celine Dion. This Canadian female singer is extremely popular in the United States as shown by an incredible 50 million albums sold.
- Shania Twain. Shania Twain went from being a very poor girl in Canada trying to raise her brothers after her parents died, to an international success selling 48 million albums in the United States alone. Her story, and her talent, help make her place on the list of 10 best-selling female singers of all-time very special.
- Reba McEntire. One of the queens of country, Reba McEntire has been recording music and touring for decades. In that time she has managed to sell 41 million albums and establish herself as one of the 10 best-selling female singers of all time.
- Britney Spears. People enjoy buying Britney Spears' albums almost as much as they enjoy watching the singer self-destruct. She has sold over 32 million albums in the United States.
- Linda Ronstadt. Linda Ronstadt sold most of her 30 million albums in the 1970's. But that was more than enough to get her on the list of the 10 best-selling female singers of all time.