10 Best Selling Rock Albums Of All Time In U.S.
Get to know the best of American music charts by checking out these 10 best selling rock albums of all time in the U.S. The special groups listed here are the cream of rock success. Many of the singers and bands are still regarded with love and continue to harbor fans both young and old to this day.
- “Pet Sounds” by The Beach Boys. This was their eleventh record and the most appreciated in the U.S. Put on this album to listen to songs like “I Know There Is An Answer,” “Wouldn’t It Be Nice,” and “Let’s Go Away For Awhile.”
- “The Dark Side Of The Moon” by Pink Floyd. For this British band, success was obviously around the corner during that golden age of rock music. In the U.S., this album was tremendously well received and it will forever have an exclusive spot in every American heart.
- “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” by The Beatles. We couldn’t exclude this legendary band. This rock album not only sold millions of copies in the U.S., but also had a cultural impact in American society that continues to the present day. Interesting fact: the album “Pet Sounds” was an inspiration for Paul McCartney.
- “Highway 61 Revisited” by Bob Dylan. This album is filled with timeless hits such as “Like A Rolling Stone,” “Ballad Of A Thin Man,” and “Tombstone Blues.” Although many songs were discarded, they became fodder for another album.
- “Are You Experienced?” by Jimi Hendrix. To him, this album meant everything. It’s rock history in and of itself. The sound of his guitar invites the rhythm to take you over and melt you with an exquisite sound experience. This is the kind of feeling you get when you hear “Purple Haze,” for example.
- “Nevermind” by Nirvana. This is the emblematic album from the explosive Kurt Cobain and held another bestseller record in the U.S. It destroyed the standard rock genre with pure grunge melodies.
- “The Joshua Tree” by U2. Irish band U2 found big success thanks to this album. With classic songs like “With Or Without You” and “Where The Streets Have No Name,” they stood firmly in the American states. It goes to show that there is no country limit for masterpieces.
- “Appetite For Destruction” by Guns N Roses. Bringing the power of heavy metal rock, this band’s album took over the charts with unstoppable rage and excellent compositions. There is no American that denies the quality of this group. Its music still pumps every single man on earth.
- “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” by Elton John. This gem of an album is regarded as his best, featuring three special singles: “Bennie And The Jets,” “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road,” and “Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting).” It’s a double album to treasure.
- “Ten” by Pearl Jam. This is the record with the big hit, “Jeremy.” Thanks to this album, Pearl Jam was able to reach a wider audience and gain world acclaim.