If you're a certified music fan, you need to know about the 10 best-selling songs of all time. Say what you will about the caliber of music on this list, you cannot deny the lasting power of the best-selling songs. These best-selling songs are guaranteed to please people and will definitely elicit some cheers from people at your next party.
- "I Gotta Feeling" by the Black Eyed Peas This song is currently the most downloaded song on Apple's iTunes, easily making it one of the best-selling songs of all time. Given its family friendly lyrics and easy-to-follow beat, this makes perfect sense. This is definitely one of the best songs to get your party started.
- "If I Didn't Care" by The Ink Spots Even though this song is done in the group's signature melodic style, it remains to be one of the their best-selling songs of all time. This one is for fans of easy listening and light, harmonized voices. Released in 1936, it has currently sold 19 million units.
- "Rock Around the Clock" by Billy Haley & His Comets Considering that this soon became the theme song for the hit show "Happy Days," it's easy to see how this became one of the best-selling songs of all time. This rockabilly styling and kid friendly lyrics made this catchy tune an international sensation for the ill-fated band, who soon faded into obscurity following the song's release.
- "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga The androgynous queen of pop definitely deserves a spot on this list, considering how much air time she's gotten over the past few years. "Poker Face," despite its overtly sexual themes, managed to hook in audiences with its absurd lyrics and catchy beat, making it one of the best-selling songs of all time.
- "We Are The World" by USA for Africa Released in 1985, this collaboration amongst the year's biggest pop stars was meant to change the world and its view of third-world nations. Considering that, to date, it has sold nearly 20 million units, it most certainly accomplishing its mission.
- "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz With soft vocals, a pleasant acoustic guitar melody and sweet lyrics, it's easy to see how this song became one of the top downloads on iTunes. Especially with the advent of people releasing covers of the melody on video sharing sites, you can definitely make sense out of the tune's popularity.
- "Silent Night" by Bing Crosby Christmas songs and albums always sell well—combining one of the most famous male vocalists ever with a classic carol makes for one of the best-selling songs of all time. Crosby's deep, soothing vocals make for the perfect vessel with which to carry this Yuletime favorite.
- "Low" by Flo Rid. The song that made us look twice for girls wearing fur-lined boots, baggy sweatpants and of course, apple-bottomed jeans. The first single off of the artist's debut album, "Mail on Sunday" smashed expectations and became one of the most popular songs on iTunes.
- "Fernando" by ABBA Yes, the sweet Swedish pop group that was the inspiration for the soundtrack of the musical "Mamma Mia!" has one of the best-selling songs of all time. High female vocals and a marching band-inspired drum beat make this song an easy contender for success. The fact that it sold 10 million copies since its 1976 release also helps.
- "Candle in the Wind" by Elton John Reworked for the funeral of Lady Diana, this tribute to the Royal Family's most famous member is also the best-selling song of all time. Despite being released a little more than a decade ago, it's managed to sell 33 million copies worldwide. You just can't argue with those kind of numbers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
25 Rules of Style Every Man Should Follow
Wear by them.