10 Best Senators 2010
Here is a list of the 10 best Senators of 2010. The political year of 2010 will be a year that will go down in history. Not only was the country led by an African- American president, but also the Senate and the Congress was on center stage throughout the year. The beginning of 2010 has gained its historic stature due to the passing of the monumental healthcare reform bill. It will therefore be remember for the top Senators that held a hand in getting the bill passed.
- Bernard Sanders of Vermont. Bernard Sanders has been in the Senate since 2007 and has made a name for himself in just three short years. Known for being a powerful supporter of universal healthcare, he stood out amongst his peers to fight for what he believed in. Before moving into his Senate seat in 2007, Bernie spent sixteen years in the House of Representatives.
- Barbara Boxer of California. Barbara Boxer has accomplished so much within the last seventeen years of her being in the Senate. She was recently elected to her third term in 2004 and received the highest amount of votes in history.
- John Kerry of Massachusetts. Most people will remember John Kerry for his unsuccessful presidential run against George Bush. Although he admitted defeat in that race, he has refused to admit defeat as a member of the U.S Senate.
- Carl Levin of Michigan. Carl Levin is one of the more experienced Senators on the hill. Carl has been in the Senate since 1978. He has been a great supporter of healthcare and has shifted his focus in 2010 to rebuilding the economy.
- Al Franken of Minnesota. Although Al Franken is a newcomer to the Senate, this former comedy writer has definitely made his mark during this heated time of debate. Al Franken sits on approximately seven committees and advocated for healthcare reform.
- Tom Harkin of Iowa. Tom Harkin has been one of the most outspoken Senators of 2010. Elected to the Senate in 1984, he has been the only Democratic Senator from Iowa to be reelected for a fifth term.
- Christopher Dodd of Connecticut . Senator Christopher Dodd is best known for being outspoken about the economy and healthcare during 2010. Also known for his gorgeous white hair, he has been known to be bipartisan.
- Dick Durbin of Illinois. Senator Dick Durbin played a huge role in 2009 and 2010. He has been a vast supporter of healthcare reform and has been committed to helping families who are in need of healthcare.
- Charles Schumer of New York. Chuck Schumer has become one of New York’s favorite Senators since being elected in 2000. He has worked hard for people that do not have healthcare and has focused a lot of his attention on the economy for 2010.
Mark Udall of Colorado. Although Mark Udall has only been in the Senate for a few years, he has already made a huge impact. Mark has supported healthcare reform and supported the historical 2010 bill. He also is fighting hard to bring the economy to a stable point.