10 Best Seven Seater Cars
Not long ago station wagons and minivans were the vehicles that provided extra seating and cargo space, but all that has changed; so what are the 10 best seven seater cars that families are buying to replace them? These vehicles can be found all over the world and by all different manufacturers. Each car has its own distinct selling features.
- Citroen C Crosser by Mitsubishi. This seven seater car was launched in India in August 2010 and internationally by French Automobile Biggie. Its main features are it's speed and the width and length of the vehicle. It is one of the widest and longest seven seater cars on the market. It looks very much like an SUV (sport utility vehicle) and it has many safety features. It is equipped with a four-cylinder engine and six gears.
- Volvo XC90 by Volvo. This car has great driving performance, safety features, and is family friendly. It was first launched in 2003. This seven seater car features a V8 engine but has improved fuel efficiency over earlier models, and focuses on performance.
- Citroen Berlingo by Citroen. This is a generous sized vehicle with seats that are highly accessible. Its safety features prevent the powerplant from entering the passenger compartment on impact. It features a wide entrance on the side and an efficient braking system.
- Chevrolet Captiva by General Motors. This seven seater car comes with a diesel engine, four cylinders, and five speed transmission (which will be increased to six speeds at the end of 2010). It has a Descent Control System which slows the vehicle down without the use of the brake allowing the driver to concentrate on his driving. An added safety feature is its steel construction for added protection. The 2010 Captiva was introduced in India in 2010 and will be introduced in Paris in 2011.
- Maruti Suzuki Eeco by Maruti and Suzuki. This affordable multi-purpose vehicle has a five speed manual shift. It was just released at the Auto Exposition in New Delhi, India. It is a combination of beauty and stability. There is plenty of room for family and/or cargo.
- Audi Q7 by Audi. The Audi Q7 is the first SUV made by Audi and it is built more for on the road purposes rather than off the road activities. It has a four wheel drive and an excellent safety system. Cargo space is quite large. The turbo diesel gets between 17 to 25 miles per gallon. It comes with a multimedia interface.
- BMW X5 by BMW. This vehicle has a low stance but powerful performance. There are three models each with a different engine. The interior is plush and functional, but does not have all the features most SUVs have. It comes with all-wheel-drive.
- Ford Taurus X by Ford Motor Company. This vehicle was brought to the market in 2005 as the Freestyle which was changed in 2008 to Taurus X. It replaced the Ford Taurus station wagon. Production was stopped in 2009 to bring out the Ford Flex for 2011. This seven-seater car was a good vehicle and is still available at bargain prices. It has a power lift gate, power folded seats, and comes with a 3 liter V6 engine.
- Chevrolet Traverse by Chevrolet. This six cylinder seven-seater car gets up to 24 miles per gallon. It can actually seat up to eight people and has a large cargo space.
- Honda Pilot by Honda. This vehicle seats eight people and has 87 cubic feet of cargo space. It comes with 4WD, a navigation system, and a power tailgate.