10 Best Sex Scenes From Films
Looking for a list of the 10 best sex scenes in film? Look no further for we have taken care of it! All the positions, controversies, stars, and situations to warm those cold evenings when no one is around.
- Marlon Brando and Maria Schneider in "Last Tango in Paris" (1972). Considered by critics to be his best role, Brando stars as a widower who takes up with a much younger woman in an anonymous sexual affair. For years rumors surrounded the film that the sex scenes were real, particularly Brando’s use of butter as an anal lube.
- Susan Sarandon and Cartherine Deneuve in "The Hunger" (1983). The film that launched the libidos of teenagers worldwide, "The Hunger" has vampire Denueve seduced and bedding Sarandon in what was at the time, on of the most graphic lesbians sex scenes in a mainstream film. Now you can just watch cable.
- Mickey Rourke and Kim Bassinger in "9½ weeks" (1986). This film became the basis of virtually every erotic thriller made in the late 80’s-early 90’s. The two stars carry on an anonymous, somewhat dom-sub relationship. The only thing better than the sex scenes was the movie’s soundtrack which made Joe Cocker sexy again.
- Mickey Rourke and Carre Otis in Wild Orchid (1989). Rourke tried to catch lightning in a bottle twice by doing another erotic thriller, this time with his real-life girlfriend. Rumors circulated after the films release that the sex filmed was real, although both stars denied it. Not nearly as successful as his encounter with Bassinger, but still watchable.
- Jeremy Irons and Juliette Binoche in "Damage" (1992). Irons is an unlikely star for this story of sexual obsession, but he and Bionche make it work. His politician character becomes consumed by his desire for his son’s girlfriend, who returns his feelings, leading to a tragic series of events. Reportedly, Irons got so into the sex scenes with Bioche that she nearly walked off the set.
- Elizabeth Berkley and Kyle MacLachlan in "Showgirls" (1995). Quite possibly the worst sex movie ever made. The writer, director and star saw their respective careers wash down the drain after the film’s release. Now considered a cult classic for its-so-bad-its-good premise, it features a sex scene so unrealistic, even porn stars laugh when they watch it.
- Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly in "Bound" (1996). Still considered one of the best filmed sex scenes years later, the brothers who created "The Matrix" trilogy brought in sex advice author and columnist Susie Bright to help choreograph the seduction scene between Gershon and Tily so that it didn’t come off as cheesy. She did very well.
- Halle Berry and Billy Bob Thorton in "Monster’s Ball" (2001). Berry won an Oscar (the first one for an African-American actress) for her work in this film, but the only thing most guys remember is Thorton taking here doggystyle by a couch while she grunted in semi-satisfaction.
- Kieran O'Brien and Margo Stilley in "9 Songs" (2004). As with a couple of other films on this list, there were rumors that the stars were actually having sex during their love scenes. What makes this film different is that they admitted that it was true. The admission got the film banned in a few countries and caused an immense debate over whether the film should be considered porn or not.
- Maria Bello and Viggo Mortensen in "A History of Violence" (2005). There is not one, but two great sex scenes in this film. The first shows Bello dressed as a cheerleader blowing Mortensen while he went down on her. The second was a much rougher scene as Bello discovers the secrets Mortensen has been hiding. Both are equally hot.
Posted on: Jan. 10, 2011