10 Best Shower Scenes
Some of the best movie scenes happen in the bathroom, as you will find in this list of the 10 Best Shower Scenes. In real life, the shower is used almost exclusively for cleaning yourself and maybe singing. In movies, it's used for confrontations and getting murdered.
- "Psycho" Of course. Not only one of the best shower scenes of all time, it's simply one of the best movie scenes of all time. Hitchcock brilliantly scares you by what he leaves open to the imagination. You don't see a knife actually penetrating the victim, but you somehow feel it.
- "Carrie" This famous shower scene, depending on when you saw it, may have been one of the most disturbing movie moments ever. Carrie gets her period in the school locker room shower and doesn't know what's happening to her. Neither did you, if you were young enough when you saw it. Chances are, you ended up fearing women, your own body, showering and Sissy Spacek as a result.
- "Porky's" What movie designed specifically for horny, young, teenage boys wouldn't have a great shower scene?
- "A Nightmare on Elm Street" Okay, this is more of a tub scene. Nancy, a tortured high school student, falls asleep in the tub and Freddie's knives come out of the water between her legs.
- "Weird Science" Non-nude scene with Kelly LeBrock that had every boy seriously considering if it could be possible to create a supermodel and take a shower with her. The only shower scene on this list that includes two pre-pubescent boys in the shower wearing pants and shoes. Promise.
- "The Grudge" On the list for it's creepiness, and for Sarah Michelle Gellar.
- "Blade Runner" Any better place to be interrogated by Harrison Ford? Probably. It's still a great shower scene.
- "The Man Who Wasn't There" Every movie that deals with someone turning invisible has a shower scene. And should. This is a great one.
- "When Will I Be Loved" One of the best shower scenes because you don't have to watch much of the crappy movie to get to it. It's Neve Campbell, and it's in the opening credits. It would be the only situation where if you saw it in the theater, you could walk out after three minutes and not want your money back.
- "Elf" Zooey Deschanel not getting murdered or having her period. Just singing beautifully while a large man who thinks he's one of Santa's elves is right outside the door listening.