10 Best Singers 2008
Here is a list of the ten best singers 2008. The year of 2008 was a year of diverse styles in the music industry, and this list clearly demonstrates that.
- Josh Groban This sensational singer-songwriter scored three charted titles in 2008. Josh Groban is most known for inflecting pop styles with classical influences. The singer's newest album is set to drop in November 2010 and is entitled "Illuminations."
- Alicia Keys Keys is an R&B singer with worldwide appeal. In 2008, the singer had one charted title, and starred in the film "The Secret Life of Bees."
- Miley Cyrus This tween sensation broke the charts with three charted titles in 2008. This was the year that the singer's studio album, "Breakout," was released, under Cyrus' own name.
- Taylor Swift Another singer popular with the tween and teenage markets, Taylor Swift beat Miley with four charted titles in 2008. The country-pop artist released her second album, "Fearless," in November of 2008.
- Carrie Underwood This singer comes from "American Idol" fame, with two charted titles in 2008. She went on tour with Keith Urban and performed at the Country Music Association Awards in that year.
- Garth Brooks Brooks is a country singer who broke this list with one charted title. The singer is now performing in a weekend show at the Encore Las Vegas, on the Strip.
- Mary J. Blige This R&B queen is back on the charts with two charted titles in 2008! In that year, she toured with Jay-Z, and her album "Growing Pains" is Blige's third-highest charting album in the UK.
- Chris Brown This young hip-hop artist only had one charted title in 2008. The first single from his album, "Graffiti," dropped in this year.
- Jack Johnson Like Chris Brown, this acoustic singer-songwriter also scored one charted title in 2008. He released his fourth album entitled "Sleep Through the Static" in that year.
- Colbie Caillat This female singer rounds out the list with two charted titles in 2008. She was featured on Jason Mraz's album in 2008, as well as Disney's "DisneyMania Vol. 6." Caillat also recorded a song for the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics.
Posted on: Nov. 11, 2010