When you're considering the 10 best ski jackets for men, consider what makes a great ski jacket. The outer layer should be waterproof and windproof but still breathable. The fill and inner membrane should be moisture-wicking and breathable. You can even do the planet a favor by selecting a jacket filled with recycled fiberfill. One ski jacket holds the fiberfill made from five recycled plastic bottles. When you know the features you need in a ski jacket, it is easier to select the jacket that best fits your needs.
The 10 best ski jackets for men, in no particular order, are:
- Mountain Hardware's Exposure II Parka. The Exposure II has a double layer of waterproof, UV protected, breathable fabric. With special features, like a specially designed hood, pit zippers, and a pocket that holds a one quart bottle, the Exposure II is a rugged, daily use alpine-quality ski jacket.
- Columbia Sportswear's Psycho Cowboy III. The Psycho Cowboy III is made with a tough but breathable waterproof canvas outer and a zip out liner that makes it easily adaptable for weather variations.
- North Face Varius Guide. The Varius Guide provides breathable, flexible comfort without restricting your movements. Added features are a removable hood and underarm vents to keep you from getting sweaty.
- Arc Teryx Beta XL. The Beta XL offers waterproof, windproof protection without adding bulky, motion-restricting layers. Water-tight underarm zippers and a trademarked helmet compatible speed hood round out the features of this streamlined jacket.
- Oakley's The Puffy. The Puffy is a classic-style men's ski jacket, with thick goose down filling and a waterproof outer layer. With a removable hood and a storm flap secured by a magnet system, the Puffy is designed to keep you comfortable when the snow clouds roll in.
- Session's Fox-trot Stripe 2009. The Fox-trot Stripe is the ski jacket for the guy who wants to stand out in a crowd with a colorful jacket. The Fox-trot Stripe is white, red, and black, with a Polyester Oxford outer layer and fleece lining.
- Sessions Istodis II. The Istodis offers a high quality ski jacket with a slightly tailored look. The Istodis has a waterproof, breathable heather twill outer layer and a moisture-wicking lining.
- Lowe Alpine Enduro Triple-Point Stretch. The Enduro Triple-Point Stretch is a 100% nylon ski jacket specially coated with a breathable, waterproof treatment. The Enduro Triple-Point Stretch also offers Hook-and-loop closures at the writs and chin for easy on-the-go access.
- Foursquare Doug Slim Fit. The Foursquare Doug Slim Fit is a skiing and snow-boarding jacket that provides al the best qualities of a ski jacket without all the usual bulk. The Doug Slim Fit keeps the elements out while wicking body moisture away from the wearer.
- Bonfire Fusion Photon. The Bonfire Fusion Photon is a skiing and snow-boarding jacket that has a waterproof yet breathable shell, and taped seams for added durability. The Photon also offers a removable hood and mesh backed underarm vents for weather changes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.