When you're considering the 10 best ski jackets for men, consider what makes a great ski jacket. The outer layer should be waterproof and windproof but still breathable. The fill and inner membrane should be moisture-wicking and breathable. You can even do the planet a favor by selecting a jacket filled with recycled fiberfill. One ski jacket holds the fiberfill made from five recycled plastic bottles. When you know the features you need in a ski jacket, it is easier to select the jacket that best fits your needs.
The 10 best ski jackets for men, in no particular order, are:
- Mountain Hardware's Exposure II Parka. The Exposure II has a double layer of waterproof, UV protected, breathable fabric. With special features, like a specially designed hood, pit zippers, and a pocket that holds a one quart bottle, the Exposure II is a rugged, daily use alpine-quality ski jacket.
- Columbia Sportswear's Psycho Cowboy III. The Psycho Cowboy III is made with a tough but breathable waterproof canvas outer and a zip out liner that makes it easily adaptable for weather variations.
- North Face Varius Guide. The Varius Guide provides breathable, flexible comfort without restricting your movements. Added features are a removable hood and underarm vents to keep you from getting sweaty.
- Arc Teryx Beta XL. The Beta XL offers waterproof, windproof protection without adding bulky, motion-restricting layers. Water-tight underarm zippers and a trademarked helmet compatible speed hood round out the features of this streamlined jacket.
- Oakley's The Puffy. The Puffy is a classic-style men's ski jacket, with thick goose down filling and a waterproof outer layer. With a removable hood and a storm flap secured by a magnet system, the Puffy is designed to keep you comfortable when the snow clouds roll in.
- Session's Fox-trot Stripe 2009. The Fox-trot Stripe is the ski jacket for the guy who wants to stand out in a crowd with a colorful jacket. The Fox-trot Stripe is white, red, and black, with a Polyester Oxford outer layer and fleece lining.
- Sessions Istodis II. The Istodis offers a high quality ski jacket with a slightly tailored look. The Istodis has a waterproof, breathable heather twill outer layer and a moisture-wicking lining.
- Lowe Alpine Enduro Triple-Point Stretch. The Enduro Triple-Point Stretch is a 100% nylon ski jacket specially coated with a breathable, waterproof treatment. The Enduro Triple-Point Stretch also offers Hook-and-loop closures at the writs and chin for easy on-the-go access.
- Foursquare Doug Slim Fit. The Foursquare Doug Slim Fit is a skiing and snow-boarding jacket that provides al the best qualities of a ski jacket without all the usual bulk. The Doug Slim Fit keeps the elements out while wicking body moisture away from the wearer.
- Bonfire Fusion Photon. The Bonfire Fusion Photon is a skiing and snow-boarding jacket that has a waterproof yet breathable shell, and taped seams for added durability. The Photon also offers a removable hood and mesh backed underarm vents for weather changes.