10 Best Ski Resorts In Austria
The ten best ski resorts in Austria make the country one of the world’s best places to go skiing. The gorgeous and skiable Austrian Alps attract plenty of visitors each year. This is due to the view and affordability compared to its European counterparts.
- Alpbach. Popular among British skiers for more than 50 years, Alpbach is one of the best ski resorts in Austria for beginners. Thousands of visitors each year learn the basics of skiing at its two schools. The single nursery slope is the ideal location for practicing your newly acquired skills. However, do not let this location fool you as there are a variety of challenging courses, especially in good snow conditions. Address: Alpbachtal Seenland Tourismus, Informationsbüro Alpbach Dorf 175 A- 6236 Alpbach, Austria.
- Saalbach. Featuring the most sophisticated lift systems, this mountain on the best ski resorts in Austria list is perfect for the adventurous intermediate skier. Located at the center of two peaks, Saalbach allows for skiing in either direction. With over 55 lifts and a new either person gondola with heated seats, you will have access to 200km of fun. Address: Saalbach Hinterglemm, Glemmtaler Landesstr. 550, A-5753 Saalbach.
- St Anton. Rated as one of the top three ski resorts in Europe, St Anton is for serious skiers. For new skiers to the mountain, British company, Piste to Powder provides expert guiding of the area. Address: A-6580 St. Anton am Arlberg, Tyrol.
- Solden. Another slope for intermediate skiers, Solden features some of the best snow thus making it one of the best ski resorts in Austria. The resort allows access to three well-connected mountains without paths between them. Additionally, there is an eight person gondola that transports skiers to the top. Address: Bergbahnen Sölden 6450 Sölden, Austria.
- Kitzbuhel. This resort features Hahnenkamm, one of the toughest downhill trails. In one section, the course plummets to an angle of 85 degrees. The other courses at the resort are much easier and can be quite flattering. Address: Hinterstadt 18 6370 Kitzbühel Austria.
- Ischgl. Known for its partying, it is the second most important as it mixes high intensity nightlife with intermediate ski courses allow it to be one of the best ski resorts in Austria. Beginning at 3:30pm each day, the atmosphere becomes electric. Address: Ischgl Dorfstraße 43 6561 Ischgl, Austria.
- Obergurgl. Due to the altitude of the resort, there is almost always snow cover throughout the long winter season. The local atmosphere and guarantee for snow make this resort a family-friendly atmosphere perfect for children. Address: Hochgurgl - A-6456 Obergurgl.
- Soll. This resort provides one of the best values without compromising quality or quantity. Soll is at the center of SkiWelt, twelve linked villages with 250km’s of intermediate skiing and 94 lifts. Great value and great skiing make Soll one of the best ski resorts in Austria. Address: Dorf 84 AT-6306 Söll.
- Innsbruck. The local lift covers 285km’s of trails across nine skiing areas that include, Axamer Lizum, Neustift, Igls and the Stubai Glacier. With a free bus between all areas, this is one of the best ski resorts in Austria for weekend skiing. Address: Innsbrucker Nordkettenbahnen Betriebs GmbH. Höhenstrasse 145 . 6020 Innsbruck/Austria.
- Amade. This resort area features the largest skiing area in Austria with over 865km’s of ski runs served by 270 lifts. All skiing levels from beginner to expert are welcome with different courses catering to various levels. Address: Prehauserplatz 3 Postfach 73 5550 Radstadt.