10 Best Ski Resorts In Canada
Skiing is a sport popular in the coldest regions of the world which is why these ten best ski resorts in Canada are remarkably admired. These resorts consist of some of the best ski resorts in North America and get droves of people crossing the border just to experience their beautiful slopes. One of the best parts about these ten ski resorts is that many of them are open year-round due to their much colder climate.
- Mont Tremblant Resort. Located in the Laurentian Mountains of Quebec, this ski resort is fairly new and offers a lot of challenging courses. This is not the ski resort for beginners as over half of their slopes are considered on the expert difficulty level. The resort is amazingly huge as it contains over 90 downhill trails and thirteen ski lifts.
- Rabbit Hill Snow Resort. This is one of the best ski resorts in Canada because it is very catered towards beginners. They offer a lot of lessons so that anybody can learn to ski at their resort and have a good time.
- Lake Louise. Located in beautiful Alberta, this ski resort must be included as one of the best in Canada, if not one of the best in North America. Lake Louise has to be one of the largest ski resorts as it has almost 140 different trails.
- Whistler Blackcomb. Just North of Vancouver is Whistler Blackcomb, one of the best ski resorts in Canada. This resort is perfect for the expert downhill skier and was originally conceived as a skiing facility for the Olympics. It hosted a few events in 2010.
- Powder King Mountain Resort. For one of the best little resorts in Canada, the Powder King Mountain Resort is amazingly fun. It is quiet and little known, providing for the perfect romantic get-away or family vacation.
- Marble Mountain Ski Resort. As one of the only ski resorts in Newfoundland, Marble Mountain is a great experience for a skier at any difficulty level.
- Kicking Horse Resort. This resort is a must-visit for any avid skier. This resort is known for its heli-skiing wherein skiers are dropped from helicopters onto the mountain.
- Fernie Alpine Ski Resort. The view from the mountains on this ski resort is enough to make it one of the best in Canada. It also has some great slopes for all difficult ylevels, including experts and beginners.
- Red Resort. This ski resort in British Columbia is one of the best because it encourages the extreme by offering a halfpipe and many ski jumping opportunities.
- Big White Ski Resort. The Big White Ski Resort is Canada’s largest skiing village with thousands of acres to ski. They also have a lot of family activities available including tubing hills and skating rinks.