Finding the 10 best ski resorts in Colorado isn't too difficult. After all, if Colorado is known for something, it's skiing. It isn't hard to find a great place to stay for your next ski trip in Colorado since most resorts are located at the bottom of the slopes. But, these resorts stand out from the rest, and represent the best that Colorado has to offer skiers.
- Arrabelle at Vail Square. With just 62 rooms, this Vail hotel makes service its top priority. They also offer a world-class spa and slopeside ski and boot valet storage services. The guest rooms are spacious and include in-room fireplaces, plush robe, and everything you would expect at a 5-star hotel. Arrabell at Vail Square: 675 Lionshead Place, Vail, CO 81657.
- The Little Nell. This resort features 92 huge hotel rooms with ski concierge service, great restaurants, and transportation to the entire Aspen area. The property also features a great spa with massage services and a very nice fitness center. The Little Nell: 675 East Durant Avenue, Aspen, CO 81611.
- St. Regis Aspen Resort. The St. Regis has beautifully appointed rooms that might make you want to stay in your room to relax rather than hit the slopes. The hotel has an excellent spa, a great restaurant, and it is centrally located in Aspen. St. Regis Aspen Resort: 315 East Dean Street, Aspen, CO 81611.
- Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch. Stay in one of the 180 guest rooms offered by the Ritz-Carlton, and you will have ski-in/ski-out access to Beaver Creek Mountain. Almost every room has a stunning mountain view, and the hotel features ski and golf concierge services, along with onsite ski nannies to take care of the kids. Ritz-Carlton Bachelor Gulch: 0130 Daybreak Ridge, P.O. Box 9190, Avon, CO 81620.
- Lodge & Spa at Cordiillera. Located in Vail Valley, the Lodge & Spa at Cordiilera has their own nordic center with seventeen miles of maintained trails. They are also located near two private ski-in/ski-out clubs in Vail and Beaver Creek. With just 56 guestrooms, they pay attention to detail here, providing you with excellent service and luxurious accommodations. Lodge & Spa at Cordiilera: 2205 Cordillera Way, Edwards, CO 81632.
- Sonnenalp Resort of Vail. This small boutique hotel has 127 rooms, but the amenities offered make it seem like a larger hotel. They are located in the heart of Vail, just a few steps away from shopping, restaurants, and the slopes. They also offer in-room fireplaces and free breakfast in the hotel's restaurant each morning. Sonnenalp Resort of Vail: 20 Vail Road, Vail, CO 81657.
- Beaver Creek Lodge. Located at the base of Beaver Creek Mountain, this hotel is perfectly situated for convenient ski-in/ski-out access. The hotel is Beaver Creek's only all-suite hotel. They also have an off-site spa, ski valet services, and a complimentary shuttle to other resorts. Beaver Creek Lodge: 26 Avondale Lane, Beaver Creek, CO 81620.
- The Peaks Resort & Spa. Situated in Telluride, this resort is hundreds of miles from the hustle and bustle you find in Vail. The ski slopes are less crowded, but The Peaks is not lacking in service or accommodations. You will find ski valet services, ski-in/ski-out access, and excellent mountain views. The Peaks Resort & Spa: 136 Country Club Drive, Telluride, CO 81435.
- Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa. The Park Hyatt is well known for their spa, but they also have 190 luxurious guestrooms as well. They offer daily turndown service, beautiful mountain views, and are centrally located for easy access to the slopes and Beaver Creek area. Park Hyatt Beaver Creek Resort and Spa: 136 East Thomas Place, Avon, CO 81620.
- Purgatory Lodge at Durango Mountain Resort. Located in scenic and uncrowded Durango, this is the perfect ski-in/ski-out resort. You can't get any closer to the slopes than this. The lodge offers luxury two to four bedroom accommodations with scenic mountain vistas. Purgatory Lodge at Durango Mountain Resort: 5 Skier Place, Durango, CO 81301.
This November, five Vail-owned resorts will be offering a free service called EpicMix which, using RFID technology in yo ...
Getting away in the winter is a good idea for a lot of reasons. One of them is S.A.D., another is there’s a l ...
Sk’riding (a.k.a. skiing and/or snowboarding) can be a pricey pursuit, but when one dreams of shred-ready slopes, there ...