So you are planning a skiing adventure and want to visit one of the 10 best ski resorts in the Midwest. While there are plenty of resorts to choose from, only a select few make the best list.
- Park City Mountain Resort, Utah: Park City draws skiers from all over the country, including the United States Ski Team. The resort hosted the snowboarding and the giant slalom competitions for the 2002 Winter Olympics.
- Big Sky Resort, Montana: The “Biggest Skiing in America” is the Big Sky Resort’s trademark and the Big Sky resort lives up to their claim. With access to 5,000 acres, the resort offers something for every winter enthusiast with skiing, snowboarding, cross-country and snowshoeing.
- Nub’s Nob, Michigan: Though a smaller resort, Nub’s Nob is regarded as one of the best Midwest ski areas. The resort is located in a quaint township named Pleasant View to set the atmosphere.
- Giant Ridge, Minnesota: Also known for their award winning golf course, Giant Ridge is a great place for winter and summer sports.
- Crystal Mountain Resort, Michigan: Named the “Midwest’s Favorite Ski Resort,” Crystal Mountain offers 45 downhill slopes as well as a full spa. With a combination of slopes and spa, the resort perfect for both relaxing and skiing.
- Vail Ski Resort, Colorado: The largest single mountain ski resort and second largest ski resort in the United States, Vail Ski Resort offers three sections for advanced to beginner skiers.
- Pine Mountain Ski Resort, Minnesota: Pine Mountain is the home of the Continental Cup Ski Jump. With three ski lifts and two surface lifts, the wait for your next ride down the mountain is only a blink away.
- Chestnut Mountain Resort, Illinois: Sitting beside the Mississippi River, Chestnut Mountain is one of the oldest resorts in the Midwest. Along with a snowboarding park, the resort offers nineteen runs and 475 vertical drops.
- Powderhorn Grand Mesa, Colorado: Unique for its terrain and climate, Powderhorn sits on the side of a mesa instead of a mountain and gives a spectacular view for twenty miles. This gives skiers a different experience in their skiing adventure.
- Devil’s Head Resort, Wisconsin: Devil’s Head slopes are groomed twice a day for ultimate skiing. One run offers more trails, runs and rails than any other in Wisconsin.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.