10 Best Slipknot Songs
The 10 best Slipknot songs range from being released between 1999 to 2009. Over a ten year period, Slipknot released four full length studio albums, all of which went platinum in the United Status. The ten best Slipknot songs are comprised of Billboard hits, Grammy-winning songs and fan favorites.
- "Before I Forget" This Slipknot song deals with the evolution and nature of man. The beeping at the end of the song is Morse code, which spells out "Slipknot." This is one of the ten best Slipknot songs because it was the band's first Grammy Award-winning song. "Before I Forget" won Best Metal Performance at the 2006 Grammy Awards.
- "Snuff" This Slipknot song is personal to lead singer Corey Taylor. In an interview he said, "It's about someone who helped me through a lot and I thought she felt the same way that I did and then she really let me down." This is one of the best Slipknot songs because of the raw emotion you can hear in Corey's voice when he sings.
- "Psychosocial" This is one of the best Slipknot songs because "Rolling Stone" critic Chris Steffen wrote that the song "is capped off with a time-signature shattering guitar/drum breakdown that will leave the best air-instrumentalists stumped." Released in 2008 on the album "All Hope Is Gone," this Slipknot song is a love song to the band. It is about how Slipknot can pull off great music when they are focused.
- "Dead Memories" Released in 2008, this Slipknot song reached number three on US Mainstream Billboard Chart. In an interview singer Corey Taylor said, "I've been holding onto these things for the last ten years. I decided it's just time to let them go." This is one of the best Slipknot songs because it can be interpreted many ways since he won't say what it's specifically about. People speculate the song it's either about divorce or getting off drugs.
- "Duality" The singer hurts himself to relieve his pain, which shows he won't let anyone rule or destroy him. The song was released in 2004 on the album "Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses." This is one of the ten best Slipknot songs because it gained worldwide commercial popularity by charting on Billboard in seven countries.
- "Sulfur" In an interview lead singer Corey Taylor said, "Its kind of a reflection of where I am at the moment. I probably feel the best I have in years, not only health-wise, but as a person." This is one of the best Slipknot songs because of the positive message it entails about being happy in your own skin and accepting you cannot be perfect.
- "The Nameless" This Slipknot song was released in 2004 off the album "Vol. 3: The Subliminal Verses." This song is about having mixed emotions about your significant other. They hate to love and love to hate one another.
- "Butcher's Hook" This Slipknot song was released in 2008 on the album "All Hope Is Gone". Lead singer Corey said the song takes a jab at the music industry. "It's all about those little emo boys with their sweet haircuts and their girlfriend's pants. People give us sh*t for wearing outfits, but all of those guys look exactly the same."
- "Wait And Bleed" This is one of the best Slipknot songs because it was their first single. Released off their debut album "Slipknot," this song is about a man who keeps having repetitive black and white dreams about dying. The man in the Slipknot song wakes up and sees his dream became a reality, but doesn't want to believe it and tries to fall back asleep.
- "Purity" This is one of the best Slipknot songs because the lyrics are based on a true story about a twenty-year-old college student. She was stalked by a former boyfriend who buried her in a homemade wooden coffin where she died. This Slipknot song is off their 1999 "Slipknot" album.