10 Best Slumber Party Songs
The 10 best slumber party songs are sure to make any night with your friends fun. These songs almost always induce dancing, and more often than not, some good old fashion teasing.
- "It’s My Party." Despite the song’s sad theme, it’s nevertheless very much loved. The fun beat and relatable lyrics make this a great slumber party song.
- "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." With this hit Cyndi Lauper created perhaps the best slumber party song of all time. This one is certain to induce dancing and laughter. “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” is one of the ten best slumber party songs.
- "I Want Candy." No listener can avoid singing along and dancing to this song, making it a great one to play at a slumber party. Bow Wow Wow, thank you for your contribution to the slumber party music world.
- "I Think We’re Alone Now." Tiffany’s song has well-withstood the test of time. This classic slumber party song is fun, energetic and dance-inducing.
- "Oops! I Did it Again." Britney Spears’ hit is a classic fun-time song, but it’s even more perfect for slumber parties. Don’t be surprised if someone suggests choreographing a dance.
- "Supermodel." Jill Sobule’s song from "Clueless" is so ridiculously fun but often overlooked. However, chances are quite good that almost all slumber party attendees know the song’s lyrics and won’t hesitate to shout them out.
- "Our Lips are Sealed." The Go Gos song is great for slumber parties because it touches on a topic sure to arise at some point during the night: boys. “Our Lips are Sealed” is a great slumber party song.
- "Holiday." No slumber party would be complete without at least one song from Madonna. This upbeat, fun and girly song is perfect for a slumber party. Of course, some dress-up is also called for when this song blasts through the speakers.
- "Leader of the Pack." The Shangri-Las’ song is a bit silly, but quite truthful in its assertion that most girls seek out the bad boys. “Leader of the Pack” is a fun slumber party song.
- "Then He Kissed Me." This song from The Crystals is barely innocent, but that’s what makes it so much fun. Pop “Adventures in Babysitting” into the DVD player and watch as slumber party guests dance along to this song when it comes on.
Posted on: Jan. 10, 2011