10 Best Snoop Dogg Lyrics
Snoop Dogg has been on the music map since his 1993 album, “Doggystyle.” With over ten years of music, it’s hard deciding what the 10 Best Snoop Dogg lyrics are; however, looking at the progression of his lyrics, it can be argued that Snoop Dogg has gone from G, standing for gangster to God.
- "With my mind on my money and my money on my mind." No list of best Snoop Dogg lyrics would be complete without this line from his 1993, “Gin & Juice,” In addition to being one of Snoop Dogg’s most known lines, these words also provides good advice to the aspiring entrepreneur.
- "Mirror mirror, on the wall. Who is the top Dogg of them all?" Snoop Dogg shows his listeners that having a healthy dose of self confidence in a good thing, in these lyrics from, “Lodi Dodi.”
- "You lay your hands on me, watch how fast I take your freedom." Through this line from the song, “Tha Doggfather,” Snoop Dogg reminds people that respect is important, and that he believes in self defense. This strong, Dirty Harry-ish message, earns this line a spot on the best Snoop Dogg lyrics list.
- "GAME that's my thang and it ain't no rules when you in this game." Snoop Dogg is letting people know that he’s still in the G life, in these 1998 song lyrics from, "Game of Life." In the game everyone needs to look out for number one. Or, in Snoop's case, having his album hit number one. For keeping it real, this lyric belongs up there with the best Snoop Dogg lyrics.
- "Through all the drama, I love my momma." Prisoners with their “I love mom” tattoos agree. But, it does demonstrate Snoop Dogg’s softer side. This lyric comes from the song aptly titled, "I Love my Momma."
- "And always come up with the proper line." For shizzle. Snoop Dogg can respell any word in the alphabet to make it rhyme like nobody’s bizziness. If the Dogg didn't have proper lines, then there would be no reason to write lists about the best Snoop Dogg lyrics. Perhaps the the tile of this song gives listeners a hint of where the Dogg finds inspiration, "Hennesey and Buddah."
- "He that trusts a ho, shall surely be broke. Pressure busts a pipe that make water run uphill." Snoop Dogg is offering up great financial and relationship advice to men in, "Mac Bible Chapter 211 Verse 20-21."
- "When the pimp's in the crib ma Drop it like it's hot." After offering such good advice to male listeners it’s only fair that Snoop Dogg would want to offer his female listeners some relationship wisdom as well in this song, titled, "Drop it Like it’s Hot," released in 2004. Men and women alike enjoy listening to the best Snoop Dogg lyrics.
- "Man woman young and old Don’t gain the world, lose your soul to spite any circumstances Doggy gon' shine my light cause I love you." It’s almost hard to believe the same person wrote Drop it Like it’s Hot and on the same 2004 album turned around and offered such philosophical lyrics in, "I Love to Give You Light."
- "The one up above Didn't Like My Pace. I was movin' too fast Then I Caught That Case. Hm, I fought dat case, wondered where da west would be if I'd have lost That case I slow ma down, swimin' with da sharks and I almost drowned." It sounds like Snoop is getting philosophical in his later years, or getting too tired to play. With age comes wisdom and this song, "Neva Hafta Wurry," was written in 2008. There are lots of youth, who if they take the message to heart, could benefit from hearing more of these best Snoop Dogg lyrics.
Snoop’s song, “Conversations,” which he did with Stevie Wonder, could probably fill a 10 best Snoop Dogg lyrics list, all by itself. That song as well as some of the later entries on the list above provides some proof, that even if the Dogg doesn’t want to admit it, he is moving away from the street and closer to the pulpit. Can Reverend Dogg, be too far behind?