Naming the 10 best soccer players of all time is a difficult task. The first World Cup was played in 1930 and a large number of amazing soccer players have played since then. There are many other players who could arguably deserve a place on this list, but here you go: the top ten best soccer players on all time.
- Pelé Pele was a Brazilian champion of legendary talent and skill. He was born in 1940 and joined the Brazilian national team at age 16. In his 21-year career, he represented Brazil in four World Cups, helping them win three of them. While Pelé played, Brazil held a record of 67 wins, fourteen draws and only eleven losses. He was named Athlete of the Century by the International Olympic Committee in 1999. In 2000, he was named FIFA Player of the Century along with Diego Maradona. Pelé is without a doubt one of the best soccer players of all time.
- Diego Maradona Born in Argentina in 1960 he enjoyed a 21-year career with teams including Boca Juniors and FC Barcelona and represented Argentina in four World Cups. He led Argentina to a World Cup victory in 1986. He was named FIFA Player of the Century along with Pelé in 1999.
- Ronaldinho Born in Brazil in 1980, Ronaldinho is one of the best soccer players of all time. He has played for FC Barcelona and AC Milan and represented Brazil in two World Cups, including Brazil’s victory in 2002. He was named FIFA World Player of the Year in both 2004 and 2005.
- Zinedine Zidane Born in France in 1972, even Pelé considered Zidane to be one of the greatest midfielders to ever play the game. During his 18-year career he played for Juventus, Real Madrid and represented France in three World Cups, helping them win the 1998 World Cup. He was named FIFA World Player of the Year in 1998, 2000, and 2003. He is one of only four players to have scored goals in two different World Cup finals, and is certainly among the best soccer players of all time.
- Ronaldo This legendary Brazilian striker was born in 1976 and is one of the best soccer players of all time. He has played for FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, AC Milan and represented Brazil in three World Cups. During the 2006 World Cup he became the World Cup All-Time Leading Scorer. He was named FIFA World Player of the Year in 1996, 1997, and 2002.
- Cristiano Ronaldo This Portuguese striker possesses amazing talent and speed. Born in 1985 he quickly proved his talent and has played for Manchester United, Real Madrid and the Portugal national team. He was named FIFA World Player of the Year in 2008 at the age of 23.
- Zico Born in Brazil in 1953, Zico was known to possess amazing dribbling and finishing skills and is one of the best soccer players of all time. He represented Brazil in three World Cups and was recognized for his vision and organization abilities.
- Franz Beckenbauer Born in Germany in 1945 Beckenbauer is one of the best soccer players of all time and made his name by playing sweeper. He was known for being a versatile, elegant and dominant player with leadership skills. In 1999 the International Federation of Football History and Statistics voted him third in a World Player of the Century election.
- Johan Cruyff This Dutch player was born in 1947 and is famous for pioneering a strategy called Total Football. He scored 371 goals in his career and was named European Footballer of the Year in 1971, 1973 and 1974.
- Michel Platini This French midfielder was born in 1955 and is one of the best soccer players of all time. He is regarded as one of the best passers in history as well as one of the best finishers. He helped France win the European Championship in 1984 and was named European Footballer of the Year in the same year.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.