Find love, hate and enlightenment with our list of the ten best song lyrics ever. No matter when they were written, the ten best song lyrics ever have the ability bring a moment or emotion to the forefront of your mind to provide you with a soundtrack for life.
- “All you touch, all you see is all your life will ever be” (Pink Floyd, “Breathe” 1973)- A lot of Pink Floyd was worthy of being on our list of the ten best song lyrics ever, but none of them captured how fleeting life is like this one. These lyrics makes us feel happy, sad and enlightened all at once.
- “And the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls, and tenement halls, and whispered in the sounds of silence.”(Paul Simon, “Sounds of Silence” 1965)- We put this on our list of our ten best song lyrics ever because it brings home the notion that the answers we are looking for can be found in the most unlikely places. it also speaks to our undying love of graffiti art.
- “I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, sinners are much more fun.” (Billy Joel “Only the Good Die Young” 1977)-We have to agree with Billy Joel on this one–and there are few things that we agree with Billy Joel on–sinners are always more fun, hence this made it to our list of the ten best song lyrics ever.
- “I'm just a soul whose intentions are good,Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood” (Joe Cocker “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” 1969)- This sums up how we feel almost every time we open our mouths with a whiskey in hand. For some reason people don't seem to understand us when we've been drinking. That's why it is one of the ten best song lyrics ever.
- “Should I stay or should I go now? If I go there will be trouble, but if I stay it will be double” (The Clash “Should I Stay or Should I Go” 1981)- You can never go wrong with The Clash. This is the perfect Friday song for beginning to plot the madness of the weekend ahead. Being the perfect line for plotting debauchery is why this is one of the ten best song lyrics ever.
- “I have lost the will to live. Simply nothing more to give. There is nothing more for me. Need the end to set me free” (Metallica “Fade to Black” 1984)-Before rehab, there was the raw pain and raw emotion of Metallica, as seen in this song, that makes this eligible as one of the 10 best lyrics. Lyrics like this make us wish Metallica would start drinking again.
- “Yesterday doesn’t matter when it’s gone” ( Rolling Stones “Ruby Tuesday” 1967)- There were a lot of Rolling Stones lyrics that were contenders for our list of the ten best song lyrics ever. We choose this one because its a brilliant sentiment to keep in mind after you’ve had a rough day.
- “Kill me romantically. Fill my soul with vomit then ask me for a piece of gum. Bitter and dumb. You're my sugarplum. You're awful, I love you!” (Ludo “Love Me Dead” 2009)- Despite being a one hit wonder, it makes our list of the ten best song lyrics ever because of its brilliant juxtaposition of love, hate and longing. Lyrics this good make us wish we knew more of their songs.
- “This is the way they'd love. If they knew how misery loved me” (Fall Out Boy “Dance Dance” 2005)- This made our list of the ten best song lyrics ever because it sums up most of our past relationships. And all of the times where misery seems to love our company.
- “You’re running after something that you’ll never kill. If this is what you want, then fire at will. (My Chemical Romance “Thank You for the Venom” 2004)-Touching our teenage angst and summing up a massive series of drunken mistakes in a few words is why this made our list of the ten best song lyrics ever. It's also the line that runs through our head every time our ex calls.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.