Next time you're looking for something poetic to put in your beloved's birthday or Valentine's Day card, consider one of the 10 best song quotes about love. Not only are they beautifully written, but the music that accompanies them is mighty fine, too.
- “Don't go changing, to try and please me. You never let me down before.” From “Just the Way You Are” by Billy Joel, this down-to-earth quote speaks to a woman's heart about unconditional love. You can bet your beloved wants to be loved simply for who she is.
- “You take just like a woman, and you ache just like a woman, and you make love just like a woman, but you break just like a little girl.” Though love is strong, it's also vulnerable. One of the best song quotes about love, it serves as a reminder that a heart can break easily from just one harsh blow. These lyrics are from "Just Like a Woman" by Bob Dylan.
- “And when I awoke and felt you warm and near, I kissed your honey hair with my grateful tears. Oh, I love you girl. Oh, how I love you.” These lyrics, along with the way they're sung, express love straight from the heart. They're from “For Emily, Whenever I May Find Her” by Simon & Garfunkel.
- “If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.” From “Thank You” by Led Zeppelin, this is one of the best song quotes about love because they express love's endurance and timelessness. Love that lasts is the best kind.
- “Come on baby, light my fire. Try to set the night on fire.” These sexy lyrics, one of the best song quotes about love around, are from “Light My Fire” by Robbie Kreiger. When you're in love, you definitely want your nights with your sweetheart to sizzle.
- “I want to stand with you on a mountain; I want to bathe with you in the sea. I want to lay like this forever, until the sky falls down on me.” One of the best song quotes about love, it conveys how a couple in love longs to lose themselves in each other. These lyrics are from “Truly Madly Deeply” by Savage Garden.
- “You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie; in the arms of an Angel, may you find some comfort here.” If your sweetie's had a tough time of it lately, these lyrics will remind her that she can find comfort in your love. They're from “In the Arms of an Angel” by Sarah McLachlan.
- “I've seen fire and I've seen rain; I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end. I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend, but I always thought that I'd see you again.” One of the best song quotes about love, these lyrics express how affectionate ties can be long-lasting. They're from “Fire and Rain” by James Taylor.
- “Oh I could drink a case of you, darling, and I would still be on my feet.” These lyrics assert how love is simultaneously powerful and intoxicating. One of the best song quotes about love, it's from “A Case of You” by Joni Mitchell.
- “Stars shining bright above you, night breezes seem to whisper, 'I love you,' birds singing in the sycamore tree: dream a little dream of me.” From “Dream A Little Dream of Me” by Gus Kahn, these lighthearted lyrics suggest a delightful dance of love. They seem to shimmer like moonlight.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.